Chapter 12

Jaehyo watched as Mina sighed, staring up at the ceiling of his bedroom. He was used to her odd behavior, but it still made him a bit awkward, not knowing if it was his doing or not. He nestled his head in the crook of her neck, placing a gentle kiss on her jaw line.

"What's the matter babe?" Jaehyo smirked, internally laughing at Mina's reaction as her body tensed under him. He knew she loved it when he called her sweet names, she just couldn't admit to it.

"Nothing," She stammered, leaning into him. "Just worrying over nothing again, I guess..."

Jaehyo bit his lip, pondering over something before sliding out of bed and pulling Mina with him. "W-what are you doing?" Mina looked up at him with confused eyes as Jaehyo ruffled up his hair, quickly styling it before answering.

"We're going out today."

Before she could protest, he sent her a wink, leaving her flustered and confused as he left to get some stuff. Mina sat down, running her dainty, piano-like fingers through her hair.

"What's he planning?" She muttered, rolling off the bed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mina's POV

We walked, hand-in-hand as we scoured through the downtown area. I stole glances at Jaehyo, but quickly averted my gaze once he caught me. I bit down on my lip and looked away.

He was wearing dark-wash skinny jeans, black converse, and a nice fitting, dark-blue tee that gave his abs no justice. His hair was swept in a sexy way, causing many people who passed by make a double take to gawk at him.

In a way, you could say that I felt lucky.

Lucky that I got to be with him and no one else, but it also made me feel a bit insecure...

He wasn't technically my boyfriend, and sure, I've had my chances, but what's stopping me? I glanced down at my outfit. Oh yeah, that's what. A dark blue sweater, white scarf, white tights, and grey boots...

I admit, I'm a few pounds over curvy, but that's because I haven't been dancing as much anymore. Am I not good enough?

I shook my head back and forth to rid the thoughts.

Jaehyo squeezed my hand, probably noticing me acting strange again. Then, he leaned in and whispered, "You're beautiful. Don't worry."

I felt a shiver roll down my spine and my face flushed. How did he know...? He chuckled.

Jaehyo flashed me a smile, then dragged me into the nearest shop.

"What are we doing in here?"

"Shopping, duh."

He smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Jae, I can see that, but why?"

Jaehyo shrugged, holding up a cute red top in front of me. "I was bored, and the dorm was getting pretty stuffy." He said quietly. I could tell he was lying. I raised my brow at him skeptically....okay?

"Plus, I've never gone shopping with you. Wanted to give it a try," he snickered, knowing very well on how much I loathed shopping and how bad I was at it.

Shocking right? A girl who doesn't know how to shop.

Jaehyo kept quiet from there on out, making sure that I was actually shopping too and not just standing around. I made a face. Shopping is one of worst enemies...other than cooking.

I scanned the racks of clothes and went through the aisles.

"Is this cute?" I held up a '90s style vintage top with mismatched colors. Jaehyo took one look, then doubled over in laughter. He petted my hair, then asked me to wait for him at the fitting room. Pouting, I did as he told, but brought the top with me regardless of his laughter.