Chapter 26

The sound of a machine beeping woke me up. There was light streaming through the curtains of this small, opaque white room, causing me to squint my eyes. Is this what Heaven looks like?

I laid back. There was an IV in my arm and monitors hooked up next to me. I was in the hospital. I chuckled lightly, a sad smile forming on my lips. How long have I been out? I bit my lip, trying to hold back my tears. It didn't work.

I failed at my own suicide...

I wiped at my eyes, but when I heard voices, I grew quiet.

"She had to get her stomach pumped," a voice said from outside the door.

"Isn't she the girl on the News?"

"I believe so.... That mess really got to her to try this?"

I blocked out their sounds, staring at the room around me. "So they know about me huh?" I chuckled sadly, trying to mask everything. I can't believe I failed. I can't believe it.

I closed my eyes. Maybe if I go to sleep, it'll all be over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mina woke up, she had a figure sleeping beside her bed. She was scared, thinking the figure was Jaehyo, but when she realized who it was, her smile came back sadly. She felt her eyes start to water, worrying about the people worrying over her.

"Min..." She muttered softly, running her fingers through his hair. He looked up, staring at her intensely. There were bags under his eyes, like he hadn't slept for days.

"Why'd you do it?" Was the first thing he said to her. Min was both angry, worried, and sad all in one. "You were going to leave without even saying goodbye."

Mina watched as her little brother's eyes became glassy.

"I-I can't lose you too."

He wrapped his arms around her, crying onto her shoulder. "Noona, you can't leave me! Dad's gone, mom's gone.... we're all we have.... You can't just-"

Her tears came along with his, hugging her brother tightly.

"Min- MIn! I'm so-sorry!" She hiccupped, wiping at her eyes. Mina told him everything that happened. About Rick, about Jaehyo, Hwani.... everything. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want him to be sad, because she knew what it felt like.

To have to sadness eat away at you.

To have that unwelcomed pain constrict in your chest.

Mina didn't want him to feel that way, not her little brother. When he was done crying, she wiped his eyes with her sleeve. A knock at the door sounded, causing them to jump back. A man wearing white stepped in, they recognized him as the doctor.

"Mizu-Kim Mina," He said in a worried tone, checking the notes on his clip board. "How're you feeling?"

She hesitated. "I-I'm fine."

He smiled sadly. "That's an improvement. I'm Dr. Lee, I have some good news and some bad news for you."

The twins looked at each other, then looked back to the doctor.

"What is it?" Min spoke up.

"The bad news, is that you will be under watch and since you're under age, the hospital and your guardian have agreed to keep you here for rehabilitation." The doctor pushed his circular glasses up, flipping a page on his clipboard. "The good news is that your babies-"

Mina's eyes lit up.

"Th-they're alive?!"

The doctor smiled.