Chapter 4

Mina's POV

"So, let me get this straight," Mikki pursed her lips together, crossing her legs. "He broke your face... AND your window, and you're still gonna go out with him?"

I shut my eyes and could almost feel Kai smirking next to me. I groaned, hugging tighter onto my Winnie bear. "I have to go to the party first to decide if I'm going."

"Don't go." They said in unison. "Simple as that." Mikki raised her arms in victory, looking pleased.

"I already promised..." I shifted in my seat uneasily and gave them a small smile.

Her gaze seemed to go right through me as though she was trying to analyze something.

"No freaking way." Mikki dropped her arms, the corners of her mouth tilting up into a sideways smirk. Kai silently watched Mikki, his mouth forming into an 'O' before shouting, "You actually like Jaehyo?! And you didn't tell ME!?" He flailed his arms around frantically, jumping to conclusions.

"You haven't liked someone since the Taemin incident!" As soon as he said that, Mikki burst into fits of laughter.

"Omo! I remember that! She was so spacey and lovey-dovey," she had a dreamy gleam in her eyes as she pinched my uninjured cheek. "With her little baby faced crush~" she cooed. Kai joined along with her and teased me.

"Aigoo~ Mina and Taemin were adorable."

I narrowed my eyes into slits at them. I took a deep breath. "I don't like him and it was fifth grade.. Let it go already! I can't help how dorky I was when I was little, leave it at that. And it was Taemin! Can you blame me?" I ran my fingers through my hair and huffed. "Freaking fifth grade and these idiots can't let it go.." I muttered, pulling my knees to my chest. Me liking Taemin was a thing in the past. He was like a brother to Kai and Mikki, but with me it was different... It was one of those puppy love stories that always ends up badly, except we remained friends...

Just not close friends.

Mikki's face was still red from laughing, but at least she stopped. "So are you going? Or do I have to go alone with Kai? And if you are, I'm picking your outfit."

I nodded. "Ne, I'm going."

"I don't understand you sometimes," Kai sighed, shaking his head. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Anyways," Kai smirked. "When I'm there, can I make your boyfriends jealous?"

"We're not dating them!" We shouted. Kai put his lips in a pout.

"Pweaseeeee?" We rolled our eyes, and he took it as a yes. Mikki shoved Kai's shoulder, making him fall off my bed. The benefit for Kai about having two best friends that are girls, is that when we actually get boyfriends, Kai makes them paranoid because they know they'll never be at the same level.. And Kai, being the pabo he is, rubs it in their faces discreetly.

I shook my head at the thought. "Shouldn't you be somewhere?"

Kai blinked. "My trainee practice doesn't start till 3."

"It's five till..." Mikki informed. Kai's eyes widened. "Don't worry, I'll drive you. C'mon Mina, we're all going."

"What! Why?" Kai and I groaned.

"Just cause! I'm the oldest so what I say goes." She smiled, looking pleased as she skipped down the stairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next three hours, we sat and watched as Kai practiced the dance routines. Kai is a Trainee at the SM and he's debuting in a new group around January.. He was pretty amazing, and since he was the only person to have people cheering him on, he started showing off. Which caused us to start booing him and cheer for the others. His group mates all smiled, but most were trying to hide it. We cheered even louder just to get them to smile, in the end, I felt accomplished.