Chapter 28

"We can't leave you alone for five minutes can we?" A voice chuckled slightly. Mina rubbed at her eyes, blinking as she saw Kai and Min in front of her. Kai moved the stray strands of hair away from her face as they smiled.

"He's gone, everything's fine." Min said reassuringly. Mina looked at her hands, avoiding their gazes. Was everything really her fault?

If she never went to tell her mother, she wouldn't have been attacked.

If she never tried to kill herself, maybe Jaehyo would love her again.

Hell, if she never met Jaehyo, none of this would've ever happened.

Kai waved his hand back and forth in front of her face. She blinked, looking up at the two.

"You okay?"

She nodded slowly, eyes trailing back to her hands. Kai lifted her chin.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded again.

"Yeah," Her voice cracked. "I-I just need some sleep."

The days Mina spent in the hospital seemed to be the longest days of her life. The days dragged on and on, and in the mists of it all, she only wanted Jaehyo. She wanted him so badly, it made her knees weak. But then when she thought about it, she knew it was a good idea to end it.

"Sometimes when you love something, you have to set it free."

Mikki would always tell her that when she found Mina crying in the middle of the night at the Hospital. She and Min would spend the night there every chance they got, not wanting to leave her by herself. But soon Min would have to go back to school... and Mikki would have to start her business.

Leaving her, of course, by herself.

Taeil and Zico would come by occasionally, checking up on her. Those two were the only ones in Block B who knew what really happened to her, but they kept it to themselves since it wasn't a secret to share.

But soon, that came to an end too. Something about Jaehyo and the rest of the guys siding with each other made them stop coming. It saddened her, but she understood. They were his friends first.

Mina laid back onto her bed, her fingers trailing over her stomach.

She was scared.

She was going to be a single parent, with twins no less. She should've told him, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Mina took a deep breath, closing her eyes to dream of the happier days. The days were she wasn't hated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jaehyo." No answer.

"Jae," Taeil muttered through the door. He pressed his hands against the door and knocked. After yet another silent answer, he pressed his forehead to the door.

He was fed up.

All the shit that's been happening really got to him. Jaehyo's a mess, Mina's hiding secrets, and him being friends with the both if them is tearing him down. He doesn't know what to do.

"Jae, please..." He knocked again. "You're my best friend."

He was about to give up, retreating back to his room, but instead he slumped against the door frame, sitting with his knees to his chest.