Chapter 6

I really don't know what to do.

In situations like this, I would've just gone to my dad's house, but now...

I don't know where to go and I'm all alone.

I hate being alone, because I know that one day that's all I'll be. My dad's gone... Min's leaving... And soon Kai will be too.

I sighed, pushing my knees to my chest. Who's next?

I shut my eyes and shook my head. Why does everyone leave me?

------------------------------------------------------------------

-(Earlier that night) Min's POV--

We drove off in a hurry.

I can still hear the screams of our mother, demanding for us to turn back around. I scoffed, as if she actually cared. Mina wasn't talking. I'm not sure if she's still mad, or if her face is too swollen to utter a word. I sighed. I couldn't think of anything to say, or if I even should say anything or not. Ugh. When the car came to a stop, I got out. The taxi was a little too cramped for my liking.

"Have fun tonight, okay?" Mina said softly as she pulled my side of the door shut. What? I grabbed the handle, but it was no use. It was locked.

"Open the damn door!" I shouted. What the hell does she think she's doing? The window rolled down just enough for me to see her eyes.

"I'm not going to." Her voice was cracked, as if she was straining just to speak. "You are going to enjoy this party. Forget about what happened, and just tell them that I got sick." She looked away, wiped her eyes and sighed. "I'm going to find us a place to stay."

"I'm coming with you!" My eyebrows knitted together, she needs to stop deciding things by herself. "Unlock the door. Please? We are in this together right? I-It's just us..."

Her eyes began to rim with tears, but she held them back. "No," She shook her head slowly. "It's just you tonight."

"But it's always been us!"

The car drove off as I was shouting. Leaving me here with a confused expression on my face. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair. I need to find Mikki. She would know what to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-(Present) Jaehyo's POV--

My grip on my seat belt loosened as we came to a stop. The palms of my hands were red from how scared I was, but nothing compares to what I'm feeling now. We got out of the car without any hesitation, and rushed up the front steps to the figure on the ground.

We found her.

Mina was curled up on the steps, her head lying on top of a duffel as a pillow.

"Is she sleeping?" I voiced my thoughts incredulously.

Mikki crouched down and brushed Mina's hair away from her face. "Ye-yeah, she looks exhausted," Mikki said quietly, a tone of sadness in her voice. "Carry her inside. And don't wake her up."

"O-okay."

She snapped her head back after unlocking her door. "That wasn't a question."

I raised my hands in defense. Damn. Mikki carried the bags in and signaled for me to hurry up. I bent down, one hand under her knees and the other on her back. I carried her bridal style, making my way through this maze of a house. Placing her gently onto the sofa, my eyes widened when I saw her. It was dark outside so I couldn't have seen it but... her face...

Absentmindedly, my fingers gently caressed the dark mark forming on her face. My brows furrowed as I traced the dried tears. "What the--"

"Don't say anything." Mikki draped a blanket over her, and pointed to the kitchen. "I need to talk to you."

"Don't say anything?" I repeat. "Do you see this?! We- we have to--"

"Stop." She pointed to the kitchen again. "Go in there and sit down. If you wake her up or shout one more time, we'll be having some issues."

I closed my mouth instead of protesting and went to take a seat in the kitchen. She's really... Bossy. But.. why can't I say anything? This should be reported! This--

"If you keep thinking so hard, you're going to get wrinkles." Mikki said calmly, taking a seat across from me. My hands self consciously went to touch my forehead.

"So what the hell's that about?" I ask a bit too loudly.

Her arms crossed over her chest. "It's not exactly my story to tell," she glanced at Mina, then back at me. "It used to be a lot worse than this.."

I blinked, dumbfounded. "A lot worse?! We need to report this! Have you seen her face? Have you--"

Mikki slammed her palms against the table. "How many times do I have to tell you to keep your damn mouth shut!?" She huffed and sat back down. "If we report this, what do you think would happen? What would you think would happen to her? Or her brother, for that matter, huh?"

I looked away. "It's not fair though.." I shut my eyes and shook my head. "Isn't there something we could do?"

"If there was, do you think Kai and I would let this happen?" She raked her fingers through her hair, glancing from the side to check on Mina again. "Try to act like nothing happened. In a few days, the bruises will fade, and don't worry. They're staying with me. But for now, calm down," she lifted my head up to where I was looking at her. "Take my advice. If you really like her, then don't do anything that would hurt her."

"She likes you," Mikki gave me a small smile as she grabbed her coat. "She just doesn't know that it's a good thing."

The corners of my lips tugged into a small smile. "Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm going to check on Min. Take of Mina okay?"

"Yeah, alright." She left, leaving me alone with Mina. I let out a frustrated breath of air and chuckled slightly. I grabbed a napkin and placed it under warm sink water, dried it, and went back to sit next to her. I dabbed the napkin gently on her face, wiping away her tears.

Mina likes me.

She actually likes me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So there you have it. This chapter was a bit rushed, despite how long it takes me to update, but thank you for putting up with that!

I'm trying to get back on schedule so I can update regularly, but maintaining school work plus sports plus everything else, it's kind of difficult. So thank you all!! And for the reads >\\\\<

Oh and please comment? <3