Chapter 24

To my silent reader who wants to run me and Hwani over with her car, I am sorry >.<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai sat silently, watching over his best friend as she cried herself to sleep. He reached out to try to soothe her, but retracted his hand before he could touch her. The simplest touch could upset her and he didn't know what to do.

"Mina... I'm sorry." He sobbed quietly. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

His head was in his hands as he sobbed. He felt as if it were his fault. If he was there to protect her, she wouldn't have gotten hurt. She wouldn't have felt the way she does now. And she wouldn't be as sad. He promised to always take care of her when they were younger, but now with EXO, he never had the time. He blamed himself.

"It's been days since we found her," a new voice sounded. Baekhyun, his band mate, was standing by the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest. "Jongin you need to eat something, or get some sleep at least."

"No," He wiped at his eyes. "I-I can't."

Baekhyun stared at him in concern. He sighed, dragging Kai by his wrist to the kitchen. He made the younger sit and when he looked up, he saw the other 4 members too.

"Guys, I have to-"

"You have to eat." Kyungsoo said sternly.

"But I-"

"Jongin," Sehun, the maknae, placed his hand on his shoulder. The boy rarely ever spoke, but his eyes were filled with concern. "Eat."

"She's going to be okay."

"It's alright."

"Eat something, Kai, it's been days."

"Please.."

"I cant!" Kai shouted, his head in his hands. "Guys, I can't. Not until I know she's safe. Not until I know that she could look at herself and not want to cry. She's my best friend! You heard what happened at the hospital. I can't just leave her knowing what she's going through!"

"She'd go through worse knowing you're beating yourself up like this!" Suho, the leader shouted.

Kyungsoo stood up, hugging the crying boy tightly. He's known Jongin longer than the others have, but never once had he seen him cry. He knew that Jongin was worried, but he didn't know what to say. When he let go, he took out his phone and dialed, telling someone about the situation.

"What're you-"

"Shh." Kyungsoo shushed the boy, making him sit and instructed Chanyeol and Baekhyun to hold him down. "Sehun, Suho, make him eat."

As the two nodded, they force fed the whining boy. Kyungsoo hung up the phone, pinching the bridge of his nose. Four days. Four days have past since the accident and no one had told Mikki of where Mina was, until now.

When knocks sounded at the door, Kyungsoo opened it and revealed Mikki and Jaehyo, both with worried expressions, though Mikki looked more irritated.

"Where is she?" They asked in unison. Mikki seemed angry, because she was going crazy looking for her and Jongin had her the whole time. As they walked to the kitchen, all eyes were on them, but most were mainly on Jaehyo. The guys blamed it on Jaehyo, not Kai, mainly because if he was there, this wouldn't have happened.

When Mikki saw Kai all red faced, her expression softened. She went to hug him, and he hugged her back tightly.

"I'll take care of this okay? Don't cry, Jonginnie, please don't cry." Mikki cupped his face, wiping the stray tears. She placed a kiss on his forehead. "She's going to be alright, thank you for taking care of her."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mina woke up, she wasn't in the bed she fell asleep in. She was in her own back at Mikki's house, but she still freaked out a bit. She sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and looked around. Her room was filled with Get Well Soon balloons, stuffed animals, and flowers. Then she noticed the gigantic teddy bear next to her with a heart saying "I'm Sorry, I Love You" on it.

She was confused.

When she decided to go back to sleep, a knock sounded at the door. Mikki came in with a plate of breakfast, a small smile on her face. Mina's eyes watered just looking at her. When she hid her face under the covers, Mikki pulled them back and embraced her in a hug.

"It's okay," She said soothingly. "Jongin told me everything. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. Just rest today okay? Then, if you're up for it, maybe the guys can come visit?"

Mina shook her head.

Mikki let go of the hug, stepping back and handing her the breakfast. "Eat," She ordered. When Mina shook her head again, Mikki sighed, setting the breakfast bowl in her hands. She fed Mina each bite until she was finished, then patted her head.

"I'll come back later okay?" Mikki sat up, heading towards the door. "Do you want me to get Jaehyo?"

Mina shook her head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina laid in bed for the majority of the day. She felt as if she couldn't move, the depression made it hard for her. She laid on her side, a hand on her stomach rubbing small circles as the other held the Ultrasound pictures.

"Are you two still there?" Her voice cracked, her fingers tracing the two outlines.

"Mommy's...sorry," She sobbed, holding the pictures to her chest. "She's so sorry." Mina kept repeating as she cried.

...

...

...

"Mommy loves you."