Chapter 19

This is probs the last time I'm triple updating so yeah. Enjoy :')

Liam fiddled with his hands walking down the empty school hallway, today his last class was a free period and he knows Zayn has that too

He's been trying to get the younger boy's attention for a while but he just gets ignored instead. Liam's not sure what he did but he feels like he forgot something.

As soon as he saw his favorite person in the whole world shoving things in his locker, he walked walked over.

"Hey Babe" Zayn sends a nasty glare his way before shoving more books in his locker, more forcefully.

"Can we talk?" "Why should I talk to you?" "Can you tell me what I did wrong? Please?" Zayn laughs bitterly slamming his locker closed making the bigger boy jump.

"My art competition, you missed my art competition. The most important thing I've been stressing about for weeks and you didn't show up"

Liam winces looking down at his feet, "M'sorry" "Screw your apologies, I don't need it"

"Can I atleast explain?" "Oh this better be good Liam Payne, because I've been wasting my tears for you and I'm quite sick of it"

Liam scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "I went to a party" Zayn stares at him hard, "You mean to tell me, that you ditched me for some fucking party? A party that would happen any other weekend?"

"Look Zayn I wish I could've ditched but people were worried and they've been wondering why I've been distant"

"Who the hell cares!" "I do, I don't want them to know about us yet" he says lowly, as of there were other people in the hallway which their wasn't.

Zayn clenched his jaw, "I don't think you have to worry about that anymore"

Liam eyes widen, "What're you talking about?" "We need a break, you obviously care more about your popular reputation than me"

"That's not true, you mean the world to me" The brunette says quickly, grabbing his hand.

"You know what's fucked up? I went to your stupid football game and cheered you on. You couldn't even do this one thing for me"

"Excuse me? Stupid? It's not stupid, that was important" "And competition was important and you screwed it over. I bet you were with sofa huh?"

"That's not any of your business, you need to chill out" "Chill out? Are you kidding me?" "You're blowing this out of proportion, let me make it up"

"How the fuck are you going to make it up for me? I've been stressing for weeks, I've reminded you 24/7. You miss something very important to me and you say you'll make it up? Wow you are really dumb, aren't you?"

Liam glares, "You're being a bitch right now, and I don't need this type of negativity if we don't talk like mature adults"

Zayn scoffs amusingly as he slid his book bag on, giving him the middle finger as he slides the rings Liam had given him, off.

"Since I'm such a bitch, here. Have this back, because I don't want it anymore" he says shoving it in his hands.

"Zayn please" Liam begs, now his words getting twisted and he really isn't the best with words.

"You know what Liam? I didn't have to attend your stupid football game, I only did because I care about you. Football makes you happy so I wanted to make you happy" Zayn mutters, starting to walk away.

"Wait we can't be over, please Zayn give me a chance. I screwed up!" He says following him, his heart starting to beat faster than ever.

"You promised me you would be there for me. You screwed it up and I don't think I can take anymore of your promises. We need a break because I don't wanna keep hiding anymore"