Chapter 71

A/N: PAPER TOWNS IS MY SHIT

Anyways enjoy this very long chap :')

This chappy is dedicated to damagecookie  for giving me such good ideas!!!

~~~

"Updates?"

"I have a dilemma" Zayn confesses to Dr. Wilson who grins raising an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"My boyfriend Liam. He says it's okay I don't want to go to prom, but I know he wants me to go to prom but I don't think I can. I mean I get anxiety sometimes"

"Well you sure you don't want to go? Junior prom is pretty huge Zayn. Then there's senior prom" Dr. Wilson says giving him an encouraging smile.

She was very fond of the boy, she could tell he was getting better because his personality was shining right through.

The sarcastic, honest, yet sweet boy was one of her favorite patients. "Yeah but it's just, I don't know I mean I go to football games, I already joined the stupid theatre club for next year, and now dances? That's a new level"

Dr. Wilson leans forward, "When I was in highschool, I didn't want to go to prom" "Really?"

"Yes, but I did go. I had my friends there with me and everything was good in the end. I never regretted it, you know you gotta get out there more or else highschool was just you learning and going back home. You'll be a senior soon"

Zayn stares at her a while before nodding. During his whole three years in school he hasn't do a lot but hang with his friends. He's never gone to a dance before, and he never though he would ever think about it

But then again, he never thought Liam Payne would be his boyfriend

"Maybe you're right" "Aren't I always?" "Hell no, you weren't right spelling my name the first time we met" "That was one time!"

"You spelt it with an e, I can never forgive you for that. It's already bad enough people call me Zack, like ew"

"What's wrong with Zack?" "It's disgusting" "My youngest is named Zack, Zayn"

"Well it's not my fault you gave your son a corny name, bless his soul" Zayn says honestly making her laugh.

"Well at least you're honest but think about it, yeah? You might have fun" she says with a shrugs writing down on her clipboard

Zayn chews on his bottom lip nodding, maybe it will be fun? "Now how've you been this week? Updates" "Good, I don't have any of those dreams. My grades are excellent and yeah, life is good"

"No suicidal thoughts?" "No mam, not anymore. I'm content with what I have now" Zayn says honestly.

"Well that's good Zayn, making progress" Zayn smiles proudly, "Thank you"

- - - -

Zayn laid in bed staring at his ceiling in his room in the dark. He had got a photo of his friends already dressed up for prom, they looked adorable.

Michael had dyed his hair his natural color when he went to meet Calum's parents, which they've approved. So he's his date for prom

Lizzy and Spoogy are still nuts for each other and he's glad about that. He liked that Spoogy had fully grown out his hair, it got him really well besides the buzz cut