Chapter 31

Zayn scratched at his arm staring at the white walls surrounded by him. "Zayn? You alright?" His aunt's voice filling his ears. "I honestly don't know why I'm here. I said I was fine" Zayn says with a with an annoyed tone.

"We found you on the front lawn asleep" Zayn shrugs, "And? I can't star gaze?" he asks eying he doctor who stared suspiciously. "Zayn, are you having bad dreams again?"

"Oh there you go with that trash, I said I'm fine!" he says sitting back on the hospital bed. "Well you had a pretty high fever when you we're rushed in Zayn" The doctors says making him nod.

"Yeah okay, give me some medicine i'll be fine. Now can we please go home, I'm missing bad girls club"

The doctor exchanges looks with his aunt before motioning outside the room. She gives him a quick kiss on the forehead before following him.

Zayn rubs his temples, okay maybe he is having bad dreams again. Maybe he did feel a little sick when he was walking home from Liam's house, maybe he did lay down on his front lawn, maybe he did fall asleep

But that doesn't mean anything, he wasn't drinking or anything. Zayn sat up from his hospital bed grabbing his phone, he got a couple texts from Liam asking if he'd need to go suit shopping for his sister's wedding

He didn't, his aunt bought a lot and he means a lot of suits. Half of them we're avan's when he was younger. She passed them down to Zayn, but he doesn't wear them that often.

Except that one time for the art competition where Liam didn't come and Zayn cursed him out afterwards

But anyways he's fine, the dreams will go away in no time. It's just he thinks a lot, which leads to his mother and father. He loved thinking about his dad but his mother? No, not at all

"Alright Zayn, you're freed to go home but we're taking medication with you for your problems" "I don't have any problems sir, but thank you anyways" Zayn snaps getting out of his bed.

His aunt gives him a look before thanking the doctor, "You don't have to be so mean honey" she says, after the doctor leaves

"Well when you wake up in a hospital with all these ivs on you, it's not a thing where you should be jolly about" "You having dream again? I want an honest answer"

"Okay I've had one, but that was it" He noticed the way his aunt's mood just went dark. "You we're supposed to tell me when they happen"

"I'm not ten anymore, I'm fine" He says sliding his sweatpants on. "I'm taking your word for it, you better not be lying"

He's lied about a lot of things but he's confessed to them. Except for his mother, he hadn't told his aunt about his mother abusing him

Why would she need to know that? That was her sister, she doesn't need to know. And besides, he's fine. Isn't he?

~*~

"Luke I know you hear me" Ashton says as he follows the blonde up the hallway. "Ashton go away"

"No, I want to talk to you" Luke stops to turn around, "What?" "Your butt looks good in those jeans"

Luke turns back around walking away. "Wait! C'mon let's talk!" "I don't want to talk to you" "Not even about last night?"

"Not even that" "What? Are you ashamed or something?" Ashton asks pulling on the younger boy's book bag.

Luke frowns, "No I'm not, I'm confused" "About what? We kissed, what's confusing about that?" "What's confusing? I don't even know if I like you like that!" he whisper shouts