Chapter 70

Ashton smiles rushing over to the lunch table, "I got tickets for prom!" He says making Luke blush.

Zayn quietly fiddles with his pudding as they all gush about it, he wasn't that hype about prom.

He doesn't even think he wants to go, he doesn't do well with dances. Liam rubs his side, "You okay?" Zayn nods, "Yeah, just a little tired"

Liam kisses his temples before finishing his doritos. Zayn winces slightly watching the excitement around the room, maybe Liam wanted to go to prom? What would Zayn do then?

Well there was always next year, but then that would be a waste. He skipped dances before, but quite frankly he kinda sorta didn't want to skip junior prom.

Zayn sighs leaning on Liam's side, "Liam?" he asks quietly. "Hm?" "I don't know if I want to go to prom"

Liam looks down at him, "You sure?" "I don't think I'm ready for all that, I'm sorry" Zayn mumbles making Liam smile.

"Hey, it's alright. We got senior prom, we'll be okay" Zayn nods, "But I know you want to go to this one" "I mean yeah, but I can always leave early to see you"

"Really?" "Yeah, don't worry about it Zee" Liam assures him and that doesn't make Zayn feel any better at all

As soon as the bell rings, they all throw out their trash chatting excitingly. "I'll see you in gym yeah?" Liam asks, standing by Zayn's locker. "Yeah" "Don't be upset, yeah?" Liam says, lifting Zayn's chin up.

"Okay Liam" Liam smiles kissing his nose, "See you later" Zayn smiles waving as he leaves, before turning to his locker.

"Aw wasn't that cute?" Sophia asks her friends who sarcastically agree. Zayn sighs, "I knew I smelled fish when I came out here, what do you want?"

"Well I heard you aren't going to prom, isn't that sad" "No one asked for your input" "Well you know what's going to happen though, right?"

Zayn slams his locker closed, "What" "Me and Liam will go together, I mean captain of the football team and captain of the cheer leading team duh" Zayn scoffs, "No, he'd never" "Oh but he will, because everyone will vote for us"

Zayn raises an amused eyebrow, "Oh yeah?" "Yeah so don't worry, when we're crowned prom King and Queen i'll be sure to get someone to send a picture of us at our first dance"

Zayn sighs, "Please get out of my fucking way, you're making my eyelashes fall off" he says, with a glare. "Okay sure," She says moving aside. "But just letting you know dear"

Zayn ignores her, Liam wouldn't do that. He'd never, well if he does Zayn will be sure to punch his adorable forehead.

"Hey Zayn" Louis says with a wave. "Hey Louis, what's up?" "You going to prom?" Louis asks, as they walk down the hallway together.

"I mean, kinda?" "You sound unsure" "I am, I mean Liam probably wants to go but I just don't feel comfortable. Y'know?"

"Yeah, but you can always break barriers" "Okay Mr. Poet, you going?" "Yeah, Josh asked me" "Yass, get some. He's cute" Zayn says with a grin, nudging his arm. "Yeah, he's sweet" Louis says with a shy smile.

"Well i'm glad," Louis grins but it drops noticing Niall coming there way. "He hates my guts"

"No he doesn't, hey Niall" Zayn says with a wave. Niall gives him a smile before scowling at Louis as he walks past them.

"See" "Eh he'll get over it, besides your with Josh" Zayn says with a snort. Louis smiles sadly with a shrugs, he's rather have Harry but not everyone gets what they want