Chapter 42

a/n: next chappy is longer, I'll post it when I'm out of school :')

"Zayn?" Carla asks quietly, knocking on her nephew's bedroom door. She opens it a little to see Zayn sitting at his desk staring at the wall

"Honey?" "Yes" "Are you okay?" "Honestly, I don't even know" Zayn says staring at the beam of light from the movie on his white wall.

"Do you want to talk?" "I think if I tried talking to you, I'd only confuse you" Carla comes into the room sitting on the bed, "What happened?"

"I got in a fight with a stupid frog" Carla frowns confusedly, "An animal?" Zayn sighs, "Harry, AC, I'm talking about Harry"

"Oh dear, what happened?" "Let's just say, I wasn't being a supportive 'bestfriend' helping him get back together with Niall"

Carla frowns, "This is all about a boy?" "Stupid isn't it? I just get so tired" "Tired of what?" Zayn shakes his head sitting back in his chair.

Carla plays with her hands trying to think of something. "Do you ever just get tired of doing the same thing everyday?" "That depends, what are you referring to?"

"Living" Zayn says quietly. Carla stares at him startled, "What?" She would ask again but Zayn looked as if he wasn't going to say anything if she did.

"Do you want me to leave?" Zayn nods slightly making her stand up understanding, as she gets to the door she hears Zayn call her again

"Yes?" "M'sorry for snapping on you. I didn't mean any of it, you're the closest thing I have to a mother. I don't take you for granted" Zayn says turning to look at her.

Carla smiles nodding, "It's alright sweetheart" Zayn goes back to staring at the wall making her sigh, closing the door behind her

She quickly goes downstairs, "Avan I need you to look up something for me" She watches her son look up from his phone frowning, "What is it?" "

"Can you look up signs of depression?" Avan stares at her for a while, "Excuse me?" "Look up signs of depression, please" "You don't think Zayn is depressed do you?"

Carla nods slightly, "Just to be aware, I just want to know now before we hear from doctor or something. I just want him to be okay"

Avan nods unsurely, "And if he is? Y'know depressed?" "Well we're going to give him the help he needs. Much more love and support too"

Her son nods, pushing a strand of hair behind his hair before typing something quickly into his phone. "Here's a list" he says, handing her his phone.

Carla sits beside him, putting on her reading glasses. "Should we be worried?" Avan asks sitting back on the couch lazily. "Yes, very"

~*~

Carla peeks inside Zayn room noticing the boy fast asleep on his bed. She walks in making sure to check his forehead, to make sure he wasn't sick. She took a seat on his bed, running her hair through his short hair.

"Hm?" Zayn hums, his eyes fluttering open slightly. "You alright honey?" Zayn shrugs a little, "Just tired" "Do you want to talk? Maybe?" Zayn adjusts his head on the pillow slightly, "About what?" "School"

"It's fine" "And your friends?" "We're not talking or atleast I'm not talking to Harry" Carla frowns, "Why?" "Since I'm so mean and an asshole for telling the truth" "I don't understand" "I haven't been feeling well lately" "Why is that?"

Zayn shrugs, "Other than that I've been so distant, that's why their upset. I don't tell them things like a bestfriend would normally do I guess" "You don't have to tell them everything, they can't force you to do that"

Zayn nods, "Sometimes I don't like waking up he says after a moment of silence. "Well you have too, even though you don't want to. If you're awake then you have another day to live your life"

"M'not happy AC, I just want you to know that" Carla leans down to kiss his forehead, "Do you think you need to talk to someone about it?" "Maybe" he mumbles.

"Alright, well i'll leave you alone so you can go back to sleep" "No," Zayn starts out holding onto the hem of her shirt. "Can you stay with me? Please?" he begs, not wanting to be on his own.

"Sure Zayn" she says rubbing his back. Zayn sighs quietly closing his eyes. "I remember when you we're eleven, and you tried to be fashionable. So you tried to do that thing with your eyebrow, with the line? You ended up shaving half of your left eyebrow"

Zayn grins, he was a very stupid eleven year old. "Or when you we're thirteen, and you had this obsession with Leonardo DiCaprio" Well you couldn't blame him, the man was beautiful.

"Or the time you peed on yourself watching final destinati-" "Please tell me you haven't told anyone that" "Well, just the bookclub"

Zayn groans, "God you tell them everything" "True, but that's because you're my little baby"

"M'not a baby" "You'll always be my chubby little sassypants" Carla says smiling down at Zayn who grins. "Don't tell people that nickname, that's embarrassing" "You've grown up so well, I'm happy to have raised you, can't wait to see many years to come"

Zayn nods slightly staring at his bathroom door, he didn't think he wanted those many years to come. He already had a plan to kill himself, but he doesn't want to leave his aunt. The only thing he could do was agree on those many years to come

But something tells him that something will go wrong, and if it does he probably won't regret it