Chapter 49

let me just say, I wanna punch Zayn for giving me feels at 12am. But rs m.o.m is rlly lit😭🙏🏽🔥

"Zayn? Ready to do an update?" Dr. Wilson asks, smiling as the tan boy who was biting his nails. "I'm okay"

"You're aunt told me you didn't eat breakfast this morning" "I wasn't hungry" "Are you sure?" Zayn fiddles with his fingers, "The pills" "What about them?" "When I take them, I'm not hungry"

"Have you tried?" "Sometimes, then usually I don't eat half the day" Dr. Wilson writes on her clipboard, "You should try Zayn" "I know" he says sitting back in his chair.

"Something bothering you?" Zayn shrugs, "When will I feel better?" "You don't feel better? Or atleast some progress?"

Zayn feels her staring at him, "Can you not stare, please" he begs making her nod turning her chair away. "Better?" "Are you being a smart ass?"

"Just a little bit" she says, and that makes Zayn smile. He doesn't know why, but it just does. "Well you want an answer to your question?"

"Yes" "Well, the exact moment you'll feel better is when you feel better mentally" "So you're saying im sick? In the head?"

"Slightly, you've had a lot of traumatizing things happen to you in the past. And the thing you do, you store them somewhere thinking it'll never come to mind. Am I correct?"

Zayn nods, "Yes" "Well doing that makes it worse, and you'll be coming back to the pain all the time. That's why you haven't been feeling well, you've been getting headaches, your stomach hurts, you get dreams. It's all in your head Zayn"

Zayn sighs, "This mind of mine is something, isn't it?"

"Yes, yes it is. But you'll pull through, you seem like you want to get better but I don't think your mind is allowing you to do that" "What do I do?" "Believe, just believe"

Zayn looks around, "What is this? Peter Pan? I'm not tinker bell Doc" He watches her laugh a little.

"I didn't mean it that way, you need to get yourself to believe that you can get better. You're letting all the negativity win"

"So?" "So, be positive. Don't be a debby downer 24/7. Okay?" "But that's my personality, I'm sorry but I'm not changing myself for anyone"

"I didn't say that. I said don't be a debby downer 24/7, are you really this dark everyday?"

"Well, with my boyfriend I'm not as dark. And my aunt, I can be myself around her too. And my friends, I mean I do it half the time and they still treat me the same"

"Exactly, just be a little positive. People will still treat you the same, you got it?" "Yeah" He says nodding. "Good, now how're you feeling now?" "Relieved, and hungry"

"Well i'll call someone to bring up some lunch" "Lasagna please, whoever makes it here is the shit" he says holding his heart, making her snort.

~*~

"It's nice you're taking up gardening with me honey" Zayn rubs his temples watching his aunt pull at the weeds in the flowerbeds, "Dr. Wilson says I need to be positive, so maybe I can gain a few hobbies besides art"

"But you hate nature" "I know mum, but I have to be positive. Nature is great, it's beautiful. 1/2 of what I said was a lie" Zayn says sitting on the grass looking around.

"I still get the chills when you call me mum" Zayn rolls his eyes fondly, "I've been saying it for the past five days"

"I know but it's still so new, let me be great Zayn" she says, hitting him with the weeds she pulled out.