Chapter 30

So previously, you were trapped under the glare of the annoying young men which didn't feel good at all to be honest. You don't know how but you managed to convince Asano to leave first and now you are alone with Karma Akabane.

"So, (Y/N), how are you?"

"Better without you."

"You hurt me so deep."

"You're the one to talk about hurting." Karma flinched ever so slightly that it was hardly noticeable but you managed to catch it because you have seen it way too many times...

-Elementary days-

"Hey,(Y/N), we will be friends forever right? Till the end." Karma gave you that smile of an innocent boy. The smile of a young boy who looked like he just gotten his favourite candy. 

"Of course Karmaaaa chan." you giggled at the suffix you always gave him although he was most definitely a kun. 

"Heyyyy" Karma started to chase you around your backyard. Both your parents stood at the back door and laughed at the two young and carefree children running around. 

This was the simple thing that can light up your whole day. Just you, your best friend and happy family. Karma always came around to play and you always looked forward to his visit. You were not sure why but you never had any real friends. You never offended anyone, you never talked behind anyone's back but you were just simply outcast. Until Karma came along. You thought Kami Sama finally gave you a great friend. Well, he did. But not for too long. 

---

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU ONLY KNOW HOW TO SPEND ALL THE MONEY AWAY."

"ME? WHAT ABOUT YOU? YOUR JOB CAN HARDLY HELP IN THE DAMN HOUSEHOLD.MAYBE IF YOU WERE MORE CAPABLE."

"OH YA? MAYBE ITS BECAUSE YOU SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY ON (Y/N). HOW MUCH DOES HER ELITE SCHOOL COST? GOING INTO SUCH A SCHOOL. IS SHE EVEN CAPABLE?"

"How could you... She's our daughter..."

You had enough. You opened the door of your room and slammed it shut behind your back. You walk down the stairs and walked pass your parents. You didn't even bother to glance at them. You just walked out the house and went on a path you knew so well. You knocked on Karma's door, a tired and messy him came out to greet you. 

"What are you doing here (Y/N)?"

"Well, erm..." Words werent coming out of your mouth. You were embarrassed to tell anyone about the fights your parents had, even so towards Karma. Truthfully, you developed a crush on him and wanted to impress him in almost every way so you tried your very best to be on par with him.

"Spill it out. Hurry. I am busy."

"Well, I was wondering if I could spend the night here..." You often did it when the two of you were younger and so did he. You even considered to tell him what was happening in your house because it was suffocating you. You wanted to breathe.

"No. Its better if you study for the test tomorrow."

"Well, I have no mood..."

"So? Are you planning to throw away your future? You may not want to study but I do. You are almost in the E class already. Why are you here since you are so lousy anyway?" And just when he was about to shut the door, he said something else. "Also, forget your feelings about me. I can tell. Don't waste time on useless things like this. I won't accept your feelings." He shut the door... and you away.

From that day onwards, you never spoke to him. You were so angry and disappointed that the very thought of Karma on that night could bring you to tears any moment. You were, most importantly, heartbroken. There was no reason to be so cruel towards you, even if he didn't reciprocate your feelings, you didn't deserve it.

You also worked your ass off to be not just on par with him but better. You want to be the very best to prove yourself to him. You wanted revenge. And so you did. You went on to A Class and Karma was eventually expelled for being too violent. 

You felt no sympathy towards him. Not in the slightest bit.

"Well, you didn't tell me.." He trailed off

"How could I?" You replied coldly.

The news of your parents divorce did eventually spread and everyone in the damn school knew. Till this day you didn't know who was the bastard behind it though.

You two stood in silence for a hella long time, or so you felt. Karma just looked at the ground and not once in your eyes. He then took out a letter from his pocket and gave it to you. 

"I couldn't find the courage to give you this letter in the past but I'll regret if I don't so..." With that, he left. You then open the letter in almost no time flat.

To : (Y/N)

(Y/N), I am guessing you hate me to the core now and I don't blame you. You have every right to do so.It may be late but I had my reasons.

I didn't want you to waste your potential away simply for me. Your feelings were too great for me to bear, I did not deserve it. So, I turned that feeling you had for me into hatred, into motivation to be the best. 

I thought this was a way of me doing something for you but I might've been wrong. I could have kept silent but you would never be any better because of that feeling you had for me. I was going down a spiral and I didn't want to drag you into a mess  I made. 

You wanted to be on par with me but you could be so much more. And you proved it. I wanted to keep you away from me. I wasn't the person who you thought I was anymore.

Despite all that, I never knew about your family until the news spread through. It was only now did I know how much pain did I caused you that night. I do not deserve your forgiveness but I still wanted to tell you the truth seeing now that nothing is holding me back. But it was the right person at the wrong time. The me in the past did not deserve you.

However, I did like you. I really did.

-Karma Akabane

"Really, that idiot." Tears fell onto the letter and you finally had a closure for your first love. You wiped your tears away and smiled. Maybe you can start anew with just being friends with Karma. 

IM SO SORRY IF THIS IS BAD BUT I WANTED TO SHOW BACKGROUND STORY WITH KARAMA AHAHA