Chapter 11

It's been a month since the argument with Chester. I told Mamrie and Hannah what happened exactly the day after. We all agreed that Chester shouldn't be in this pregnancy. He will defiantly not be there for the birth. I have a birth plan in place ready for the day. I will have an epidural if I can't deal with the pain, my birth partners are obviously Mamrie and Hannah. I have also been talking to Jeff a lot and was in a relationship. However, these past few days we have been arguing.

"WHY THE HELL ARE WE HAVING THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN. IT'S THE SAME SHIT EVERY SINGLE TIME JEFF" I scream.

"THIS KID MIGHT NOT BE MINE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT. YOU ARE A SLUT, A WHORE. WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST KEEP IT IN YOUR UNDERWEAR." Jeff shouts.

"NOT MY FAULT. IF YOU HAD BEEN PROTECTED I WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION."

"THERE YOU GO AGAIN..ME ME ME THAT IS ALL YOU THINK ABOUT. WE WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION."

"I'M NOT MAKING IT JUST ABOUT ME. I'M THINKING ABOUT FELIX."

"YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT. ITS OVER."

"IT'S OVER IS IT. THEN GET OUT. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW." I scream as Jeff moves over towards me. He goes to put his hand on my bump.

"DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT." I scowl.

"Have a nice life yeah buddy." He whispers as he goes upstairs and gets his stuff ready. I waddle into the lounge and sit myself down. I hold back the tears and wait till he is gone.

"Have a nice life. Hope the baby is happy and healthy. I hope he isn't mine either." Jeff says, walking into the lounge then walking out of the house.

"Mamrie. Please help me." I say as I sob down the phone to her.

"Ok, hold on. I'll get Hannah we will be there. Is Jeff with you?"

"No."

"Ok, we're coming."

"Smellbig, we're here." I hear Mamrie shout from the hallway. I slowly get up from the sofa and waddle out into the hallway and greet them. "He's gone" I sob.

"What do you mean?," Hannah says. We walk back into the lounge and all sit on the couch.

"We had another argument about Felix and he finished it with me,"I explain.

"It's going to be ok. I promise." Hannah says, kissing my forehead as we sit and cuddle.

"So how the little mite?" Hannah asks.

"He's fine. Just need to stop sitting on my bladder and rib cage. I literally have to pee like every ten minutes." I say smiling and laughing.

"Ow.... Ow." I groan.

"Shit what's wrong? Is the baby coming?" Mamrie asks standing up worried. Hannah races off and grabs my hospital bag. "No.. No. He kicked. He kicked." I grin. I grab Mamrie's hand and place it on my stomach. Hannah zooms in and places her hand on my stomach as well. He kicks again. We all laugh as he continues to kick.

After two minutes of kicking, we put on a movie. We end up watching Joe and Caspar's new film. Mamrie and Hannah had a little too much to drink so by the end Mamrie and Hannah were drunk, so I let them crash at my place. I escort them to their bedroom where they basically pass out.

------------------------------------ 1AM-------------------------------
I woke up in my own pee. My bed sheets drenched. Shit, it's not my pee, it's my waters. No, not now. I try to go back to sleep, I thought that in the morning I will drive to the hospital when Mamrie and Hannah were sober. But no, this baby wants to come out. It's too early, he is only seven months. He is too early. I force myself out of bed and physically drag myself across to the spare room and wake up Mamrie and Hannah.

"Mamrie...Mamrie... Hannah someone please help. The baby please." I cry trying to shake Hannah and Mamrie. "Go away Grace. We're trying to sleep." Hannah groans.

"No please, I need you to help." I begin to sob then wince in pain. "Shit. Is it time?" Mamrie asks waking up fully, then shaking Hannah. "Yeah please help, because I don't think I'm gonna make it to the hospital on time. He's too early. He's too early." I say groaning in pain.

"I know, I know. We are here for you Grace." Mamrie says, racing out of bed, and Hannah following her. Mamrie holds me up and Hannah times the contraction as I groan and scream in pain. They place me on the bed before another contraction hits me. I get there on time before the worst contraction hits me. I let out the most blood-curdling scream. I scare Mamrie and Hannah. I could tell because they looked so scared.

"I want Jeff, I miss him." I cry.

"Hey, now you don't need that son of a bitch in yours or Felix's life ok," Mamrie says.

"Now, let's focus on getting you comfortable and Felix safe." Mamrie smiles.

"Where is your phone Grace. I need to call your Midwife." Hannah says, searching my room.

"ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE," I shout down the hallway.

"I've got it. I've got it. Now, what's her name?"

"Jenna Glass," I explain as another contraction hits me.

"Ok, I'm on the phone to her now," Hannah explains. Suddenly Mamrie leaves me.

"Please don't leave me." I sob, as Mamrie lets go of my hand.

"I'm just getting a wet flannel for your forehead," Mamrie explains, rushing into the bathroom. She returns quickly and places the wet cold flannel on my head. She then returns to my side and holds my hand. As a contraction hits she times it while I grip her hand so hard that her knuckles turn white.

"I'm sorry if I am hurting you," I say through my teeth.

"No, no it's fine you do it if it helps you deal with the pain baby," Mamrie says as she kisses my forehead.

"It's over," I explain as I realise my grip on her hand.

"Thank you for not breaking my hand there Grace."

"That's alright. I want Jeff." I cry.

"No, you don't you have us."

"Promise?"

"Promise."