Chapter 18

I get out and I close the car door still being careful as I was still quite sore from the birth. I quietly open the door then I carefully take Hartley from her car and carry her car seat into the house. I place her seat down on the sofa then carefully place her in arms being careful not to wake her up.

"Hey. Come here! I want to show you something." Chester says taking Hartley from my arms and placing his hand over my eyes so I can't see. He leads me into this room. 

"Wait there and keep your eyes SHUT." He pats my head as a way to tell me to stay still.

"Ok, what is it?" I ask eagerly.

"Ok open your eyes!" He says showing me the most beautiful room ever. Baby pink walls. I see Hartley peacefully sleeping in her crib.

"Did you do this while we were at the hospital?" I question him while pulling him into a hug. 

"Yep, when you asked me to get her car seat I decorated it. I wasn't in a traffic jam." He laughs kissing my forehead.

"Chester we are going to be so happy." I smile. I move around the room looking at everything, taking everything in. I look in her wardrobe to find Chester had put all her clothes into it. I walk over to her changing table to find her diapers all neatly stacked and her creams in alphabetical order.

We leave Hartley to sleep and go off to our room. It was already 9 o'clock so we thought we would get into bed early. I take my clothes off and get into my nightwear. I jump into bed and warm up my toes.

"Ches, tomorrow can we film a video and explain everything that is gonna happen. Explain, her birth, her name choice, you moving in and you and me and our relationship?" I plead.
"Of course baby anything for you." He replies pulling me into a hug then makes our lips touch.

I don't pull away maybe I want to be with him after all. We don't move just continue. After three minutes of kissing, we get interrupted by our daughter crying.

"I will get her. You stay here and I will be back, stay sexy." He laughs getting up from
the bed then walking into our daughter's room.

"Here you go, Grace," Chester says, as I undo my t-shirt and expose my breast. I wait for Hartley to latch on which doesn't take very long.  She feeds and then I wind her.

After a few hours, she still doesn't stop crying. We try everything we try changing her, feeding her again, winding her and swaddling her but nothing worked. 

"Chester why won't she stop crying?" I ask as I bounce up and down with her trying to stop her crying.

"I don't know pass her here," Chester says as he takes her out of my arms. The sounds of the baby's cries fill the room.

"OH MY GOD SHUT UP," I shout as I start to cry. I felt like I was a bad mom I couldn't even help my daughter.

"Hey, It's ok. I'm gonna call the Midwife and she should be able to help us. Why don't you call Mamrie and Hannah and get them to come round and help us." Chester says, passing me my phone.

I go downstairs and call Mamrie and Hannah.

"Hey, Grace what's up?"

"Just get over to mine please." I cry.

"Ok, we are coming don't panic," Hannah says ending the call and putting my phone on the table. I lie on the sofa putting my hands over my ears blocking out the sound. My eyes close together but I try my hardest to not fall asleep.

"GRACE," Mamrie shouts waking me up.

"What?"

"What's the problem?" Mamrie asks.

"It's the baby she won't stop crying," I explain as I listen for cries.

"Where is she?" I ask, running around the house looking for her.

"Chester took her in the car, he said the midwife should calm her down," Hannah explains.

"I am already so exhausted. I don't think I'm cut out for parenting. I didn't realise this was going to be so tough." I say as I yawn. 

"Why don't you get some sleep. When Chester gets home we will look after him." Mamrie says, sending me up the stairs. They put me under the covers then turn the light off as they leave the room. 

As soon as my head hits the pillow my eyes close to end the day.