Chapter 16

He stands there for about 3 minutes just staring at me and Hartley. I also sit and stare at him my heart racing my hands were shaking so much I was close to dropping Hartley. I soon stop staring and start to compose myself.

"Chester, Chester come in," I say gesturing him into the room.

"We are going to wait in the waiting room, just call us if you need us," Mamrie says, walking over to me and then kissing Hartley's forehead. Hannah follows Mamrie's lead and copies her by kissing Hartley on the forehead. Mamrie and Hannah then leave the room and go and wait in the waiting room.

Chester then waits till they are gone to say something

"Is he is actually here?" Chester asks, walking into the room and placing the presents on the table.

 "Yes, and he is actually a girl. You have a daughter. Chester." I say looking down proudly at my little girl. 

"What... What's her name?" He's ask putting his arms out, waiting for me to put him in his arms. 

"Hartley Mae Helbig," I announce putting her in his arms. Chester holds her tight as I readjust myself on the bed. Hartley wraps her fingers around his pinky like she does with everyone. He looks up with a sorry look on his face.

"Look at what I said at the restaurant, I'm sorry I was really upset, I just wanted to be there for her birth. Well, lets forget about that, can you forgive me?" He asks, while his eyes stay fixed on his little girl. 

"No.. it's fine. Look I'm sorry I didn't let you be at the birth, even though you wouldn't have been there anyway, cuz she wanted to arrive fast. I had her in my living room, Mamrie delivered her." I say laughing at myself. 

"Wow really that's crazy but is she alright she is about seven months, right?" Chester replies leaning towards me, placing Hartley in my arms. 

"Yeah, she is perfect and healthy," I explain as I take Hartley from his arms.

Then I feel myself get closer and closer to his lips. then a wave of happiness trails over me, as our lips touch I close my eyes and embrace the moment. Chester pulls away.

"Sorry," Chester says.

"No, it's ok. I've really missed you." I explain.

"So has Jeff seen her?" Chester asks, staring at her.

"No, he doesn't want her, we tried to make a relationship for the sake of the baby but he just kept arguing with me. He couldn't get over the fact hat he might not be the dad, so we ended it with each other. Last night actually, I think the stress caused me to have her early." I explain, holding back the tears.

"Oh, I'm sorry that it didn't work out," Chester says, still looking at his daughter.

"No that's fine, honestly it's fine," I say, wiping away a tear or two.

"Look. I've been thinking." Chester starts to speak then I interrupt him.  

"Move in with me!" I say smiling. 

"Hartley needs you. I need you. I don't think I could do it on my own. I mean only as friends." I continue. 

"Um..I don't know what to say. Um Ok. Ok, I will. I better go and get packing." He says kissing me on the head, then getting off the bed and moving towards the door. 

"Hey, do you reckon you could stop by my house and get Hartley's car seat.  It's in the doorway ready, but we forgot to pick it up." I plead passing him my house keys from the bedside table. 

"Sure," he says walking over and grabbing the keys out of my hands. "Love you little one," Chester whispers as he kisses the top of Hartley's head. 

"Thank you," I reply.

Mamrie and Hannah then walk in the room. "Come here little one. Come to auntie Hannah." Hannah says taking Hatty* of me.

*Hatty is a nickname for Hartley.