Chapter 20

We place Hartley in the car and strap her in. I jump into the front and clip in my seatbelt. Chester gets in the driver seat and starts the engine. We drive 2 miles and arrive at the shopping mall. I take Hartley out of her car seat and strap her to my stomach in the baby carrier. Chester places his arm around me and I walk into the shop while he grabs a trolley.

We head straight for the baby section a lot of old couples whisper really nice things to us as we walk through the shop. 

"So then love what do we need?" Chester says as he puts his hands into mine. We stroll around the shop hand in hand.

Suddenly some teenage viewers come running up to us.

"Hey Grace, is it ok for us to have a photo with us, please." 

"Yeah sure, what're your names, sweetie?"

"Erika and Judy." They say as they pass Chester their phones. I pose for their photos and then take photos of them with Chester.

"Would it be ok if we got one of you Cheste and the baby?" They ask.

"Sure." I take Hartley out of the baby carrier and then turn her around ready for the photo. Her friend takes the photo then they swap over.

"Thank you. You guys make the best couple ever. You do such a good job with the baby. Could we have a hold." 

"um...sure. Chester, you could go and get a few things while the girls have a hold." I say, kissing him on the cheek then sending him on his way. I get Hartley and sit the girls down on the bench. where the children sit while their parents put the shopping in the bag. I place Hatty in Judy's arms while being very cautious.

"She is so cute. Congratulations."

"Thanks, just please be careful with her," I say, not taking my eye off her.

"We will. Erika want a go?" Judy asks as she gets ready to pass her to her. I quickly take her from her then place her into Erika's arms. I let them coo over the baby and as Chester comes back I thank them and take Hatty from them. We greet them goodbye then carry on shopping.

"So what do we need again?" Chester asks.

"Right we need diapers, wet wipes, nappy rash cream, some more pacifiers and some tampons," I explain.

"Tampons. Already?" Chester questions, as he helps me get Hatty back into the baby carrier.

"Yes well, it has been two months." I laugh playing hitting him in the arm. We walk towards the diapers. 

"Which ones is it?" Chester asks seriously. 

"Plain dad's, right." Someone comes up behind me and says. 

"Yep. Don't know anything." I laugh turning around to see Colleen Evans. 

"Hey, babe." I greet, then bringing her into a warm friendly hug, which is not like me. I think having a baby has given me a soft spot. 

"Hey, Grace. Hey, little one. How is she?" She questions stroking Hatty's head. 

"She fine. She sleeps really well." I say looking at my daughter who is waking up. 

"That's good. I might need some tips from you." Colleen says. 

"Really why?" I say.

"Well. I and Josh are pregnant." She explains. I look over to Chester to see him man hugging Josh. I guess he has just been told as well.

"Well, congratulations guys. They talk about how much you love your children. You always think oh they don't actually mean it but once you hold them for the very first time, you know exactly what they mean. You will never love someone as much as you love them." I smile. Walking up to Josh and Chester with Colleen.

"I can't wait to hold the little bean," Colleen explains.

"I'm excited for you," I say really excited.

We spend the rest of the shopping trip talking and laughing with Colleen and Josh. We had a few fans come up to us, so we stopped and took a few photos and some autographs.

"Well, we need to meet up before the baby is born. Well, we need to go and pay but talk soon yeah."

"Yeah."

"Also, don't come to me for pointers I'm still learning about the whole parenting thing," I say, hugging Colleen then heading out of the shop.

We all drive off in separate ways and we have planned for when we would next meet up with was very soon.  I have already started to plan Colleen's baby shower,something I never had because I was just real busy during those seven months, and I told her that she is having one. No ifs and no buts.