Chapter 25

Grace's P.O.V

I have been stuck in this hospital room for two days now and finally I have been given the all clear, so I am able to go back to my parents' house, however, Chester, Hatty and I are going home tomorrow, so we have spent most of our trip here in the hospital. My mom has been brilliant, she has looked after Hartley all the time I have been in here.

"Hey babe, make sure we have everything," I say putting the last bit of makeup on.

"Yeah sure. I love you so much." Chester smiles walking behind me, wrapping his arms around my small thin waist while kissing my neck slowly.

"I love you too. Baby." I say turning around and placing our lips together instead of on my neck.

"Right. Let's quickly get the rest of our things together." Chester says pulling out of our hundred of kisses. "That includes your makeup I need that."

"I'm just finishing," I explain putting the mascara stick into my makeup bag. I pass Chester the makeup bag so he can put it in the big bag. He puts it in then helps me get my shoes on. I was still a little sore from the operation and I have to take it easy and rest. Even though I am flying halfway across the country tomorrow. We both finish packing and I get completely discharged from the hospital.

"Ready to head home?" Chester asks grabbing my hand then leading me to the car. Which he had gone and got so he could pick me up. He puts the bag into the back seat then helps me into the car so I don't tear my stitches. He walks around the car and gets in the other side. I lean over to get my seatbelt and winced as a pain rides through my stomach.

"It's ok, I'll get it for you." Chester offers, leaning over me then plugging the seatbelt in. 

"Thanks. I feel like such an idiot having to have someone put my seatbelt on for me. I feel like I'm pregnant all over again." I explain, trying not to break down in tears.

"Honey, your are not pregnant again are you?"

"No...good lord no I am not. I've only just gotten over the last pregnancy." I laugh, as I start to cry. "I just feel like such an idiot."

"Well, you are no idiot to me or your viewers. Now let's get you home to your beautiful daughter." Chester says kissing me then starting the car. He drives me back to mom's house in record time. 

As we arrive I look out the window to see my mom was waiting in the doorway with Hatty on her hip. Chester parks the car then gets the bags from back. I open the door then slowly get myself out of the car. I hold onto the car door for balance and wince for a second as the pain from my stomach subsides.

"Hey, baby girl. Mommy has missed you so much." I smile walking to my mother and taking Hatty and bringing her into a long cuddle. 

"Thank you so much for looking after her mom. Was she a good girl?" I say thanking her for looking after Hartley by giving her a kiss on the check.

"She was perfect. And if she would cry, it wasn't just me but Tim would help as well. I'm glad your better baby girl. And congratulations on your engagement soon to be Mrs Grace Anne See" Mom says bringing me into a long hug.

"Thanks, mom. I love you so much." I say pulling out the tight hug.

"But is everything fine?" Mom asks.

"Well my stomach still hurts from the stitches but I should be fine," I explain, forcing a smile.

"Right let's get you inside. You need to rest a little more before our flight tomorrow." Chester guides me.

He grabs the rest of my things and Hatty and goes into the spare room and lays it on the bed. He places Hatty into her travel crib. I follow him up to the bedroom.

"OW."

"Gracie, are you ok?" Mom asks, rushing to my side.

"Yeah just hurt for a second that's all," I explain as Chester also rushes to my side.

"Sorry, I was just quickly putting everything down and putting Hatty into her travel cot. Come here princess." As he says this he lifts me off my feet and carries me bridal style into the bedroom. He places me on the bed and kisses my forehead.

"Now, get some sleep. Come here princess." Chester says, picking Hatty from the crib then leaving me in the room by myself. I end up falling asleep for about two hours and I wake up to my mom's amazing cooking.

After dinner, we all sat around playing with Hatty and trying to make her laugh because she has just started to laugh.

"I can't believe that our little girl is going to be six months old tomorrow. She is going to be halfway towards becoming one." Chester smiles picking up Hatty and using her arm to wave goodnight to everyone.

"I know she needs to stop growing. Goodnight baby girl." I laugh kissing my daughter on the head and giving her the rest of the bottle of milk. I mean she can hold it herself now. We vary the milk she has formula and breast. They say that is how you ease them off it easier.

"We are going to get an early night for our flight tomorrow. I'm sorry we haven't really done much this visit but next time mom I promise." I say, walking up to her and placing a kiss on her cheek. I start to make my way upstairs when I get hit with another pain.

"Have you not learnt from yesterday? Come here." Chester laughs, carrying me upstairs again. He places me on the bed again then we both quickly fall asleep.

 We are getting the mid-afternoon flight, so we can still have a few more hours with my family. I don't want to leave my family but I can't wait to get back into my own bed and not the hospital bed or a spare bedroom bed.