Part 1

It’s been three months since the attack in Boston and since Tom stepped on to the alien ship. Ever since then, nothing’s been the same. Sure there have been more fights and all that but I’m talking about the behavior of the 2nd Mass. Hal stepped up in his place and even Ben has become a fighter. We try to make do with what we have and with the loss of Tom. 

          I can say that I’m very proud of the Mason boys because all of them, especially Ben and Hal, have really stepped up. I could tell you everything that went down within the past three months but right now, a bunch of us are going out on a mission.

∞∞∞∞∞

          I, Hal, Ben, Jimmy, and Allie are racing towards the building when we hear the shooting of our weapons and a Mech. We go to the second floor and get ready by the windows. Allie pulls out one of the big guns just as we hear the shooting stop. She aims it towards the Mech and lets go of the trigger.

          “Keep your heads down make every shot count!” Hal yells at us. We start shooting at the Mech and Skitters below until every single last one of them is dead.

          “Cease fire save your ammo!” Weaver yells at everyone. Everyone stops shooting except Ben.

          “Cease fire. Ben stop shooting.” Hal yells as him. He stops and I search the ground for more Skitters. Weaver says we have eight minutes to get out before the beamers come so we start out the door. Jimmy and Allie go out first while Hal and I wait for Ben.

          “Ben come on we’re moving out.” Hal says.

          “Got one still moving.” Ben says. He aims his gun at a Skitter below.

          “Can’t get a shot.” He says.

          “Well leave it.” Hal says. Ben runs and jumps out the window with his knife in his hand.

          “Ben!” I yell. Hal and I run down the stairs and go after Ben. We get to the bottom and rush over to Ben. He stabs the Skitter right below the soft pallet and it drops to the ground. I raise my bow and search around the area for more.

           “Ben, what the hell are you doing?” Hal says to him. Ben looks up at us, the knife still in his hand, when we hear the gunshot. We all look over at the sound of the shot and Ben begins to walk towards it.

          “Ben, Ben orders are to get out.” Hal says. We follow him and look around.

          “There’s another one, I can feel it.” Ben says in response. I give him a worried look as he raises his own weapon. Suddenly, a Skitter walks out of the alley and Ben shoots it three times. The Skitter falls and I see a man standing behind it. I try to get a closer look at him and once I do, I recognize him immediately.

          “Dad?” Ben says. We all run over to him screaming out his name just as he falls to the ground.

          “Tom are you okay?” I say. We try to help him up but I saw his side bleeding out.

          “Ben, Hal, Kali. You’re alive, thank god.” Tom says. The other two see the wound as well and we pick him up. They grab him by the shoulders and I go ahead of them to make sure the coast if clear. We hurry to where Weaver and the truck is and I hear a beamer in the sky.

          “Come on hurry!” I yell at them. We finally make it to the truck and Hal yells out to Captain Weaver.

          “Captain hold on, hold on Captain.” He says.

          “We’ve gotta get him to the back of the truck.” Ben says. We all race to the back and I get on the truck to help Allie pull Tom up.

          “Mason? Where the hell did he come from?” I hear Pope say. We get him on the truck and Ben and Hal jump on as well. Within about ten minutes, we make it back to camp and everyone is trying to get Tom to Dr. Glass.

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share! Since this is the first part of it I won't make you guys vote or comment for the next part but you still can if you want to :)