Part 27

Allie and Hal come up to us with Tom and Weaver telling us to come with them down to the basement. We all go down there to where they were at and they tell us about the new aliens they found.

          “First Skitters, harnesses, eyeball worms now these? What will the bastards hit us with next.” Weaver says.

          “It’s a tough mother, had to hit it about fifteen times to kill it.” Hal says.

          “We can’t let these crawlies get past our defenses. Hal and Maggie you get the construction boys to seal every hole and vent every drain.” Weaver says as we start to walk back to the surface.

          “Captain Anne and Matt are still in the basement with Lourdes.” Tom says.

          “I know Jamil went to get them they’re back by now.” Weaver says.

          “Capt figured you might need some help killing these things.” Pope says walking towards us.

          “Did you see Anne, Matt and Lourdes upstairs?” Tom asks.

          “No.” Pope says.

          “Ben, Kali you’re with me.” Tom says to us as we start running.

          “Mind if I tag along professor? I’ll follow your lead you have my word.” Pope says.

          “We’ll see what that’s worth.” Tom says. The four of us keep heading straight while the others turn to the left hallway. We start going down stairs making our way down to the bottom. We make it down a few flights of stairs and go through a hallway.

          We hear a banging in the vent right down the hallway and move to it. Pope walks to the front of the vent and gets ready to shoot.

          “Let’s give these critters something to think about.” Pope says cocking his gun. Suddenly we hear a whimper in the vent right before he shoots.

          “Matt!” Tom yells out. We rush forward, open the vent and pull Matt out.

          “They’re after me, the crawlies are after me.” Matt says.

          “Where’s Anne and Lourdes?” Tom asks.

          “In the blood lab.” Matt says. Tom says for Ben and me to take Matt upstairs while he and Pope go for Anne and Lourdes. We run back up the stairs and we finally reach a doorway when Captain Weaver slings it open.

          “Hurry come on get out of there.” He says to us. We walk in and he closes the door. A few minutes later, we hear Tom, Pope, Anne, and Lourdes running up the stairs. Weaver lets them in and they seal the door.

          “Where’s Jamil?” Weaver asks.

          “He didn’t make it either.” Anne says.

          “Lourdes, I’m sorry.” Weaver says before she runs off. I want to go chase after her but Tom, Ben and I are already on our way down to the psyche room where the Fish Head is.

          “Open it.” Tom says as we approach the room. The three of us walk in and Tom points his gun at it. The Fish Head breaks the chains it was in and stands up.

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!

35 comments/votes/reads for Part 28!