Part 41 (The Ending)

“Hello Kali, I see you don’t have your bow with you.” Karen says to me.

          “You bitch, let us go!” I scream at her.

          “Oh that wasn’t nice now was it?” Karen says. Suddenly, she holds the staff up to my body and zaps me as well. I scream at the pain I receive from that damned staff. I feel it moving up through my body and from the corner of my eye, I see Ben flailing around in his wires staring straight at me.

          Finally Karen stops and I let my head fall. That thing really can take the energy out of you. I look up at Karen who is looking at me with an evil grin. I start to say something else but the wires wrap around my mouth as well, causing me to stop.

          Karen walks over to Weaver and zaps him as well. I turn away and look at Ben who looks scared. He looks at me and from the look on his face; you could probably see the pain written all over mine.

          “Is that the best you got?” I hear Weaver say. Karen zaps him again and he screams.

          “Is he enjoying watching you torture us?” Tom says.

          “He doesn’t care anymore about you than you would a mosquito buzzing around your face Tom. You’re just an irritant to him. I was hoping to avoid this.” Karen says walking over to Anne.

          “Don’t touch me!” Anne squeals. Karen gets ready to zap her but stops and walks over to her. She leans her head against her stomach and says something that could change everything.

          “She’s pregnant Tom, she’s pregnant with your child.” Karen says. Anne’s pregnant? Well that escalated quickly.

          “Oh, you didn’t know.” Karen says looking at Tom who is staring at Anne. Karen gets ready to zap Anne but Tom stops her.

          “Alright I’ll tell you whatever you wanna know. Just please don’t.” Tom says. Suddenly, the wires drop everyone and a Skitter attacks Karen. I fall to the ground on my knees then to my side, clutching my stomach.

          “Kali!” I hear Ben say crawling over to me. I sit up on my knees and he grabs my face in his hands.

          “Kali are you okay?” Ben says. I cringe and nod as he helps me up. We all start running towards the others sitting against the wall and see rebel Skitters everywhere. I stop and look at the fish head that is being brutally beaten by our very own Red Eye. Tom runs over to the fish head as it slams Red Eye to the ground. He takes the staff and finally kills the Fish Head.

          “It’s not over Tom. You’ll never win, never.” I hear Karen say from the other side of the room. She jumps on the wall and starts climbing. Beside me, I see Ben about to chase after her but I stop him so we can go help Red Eye. We run over and kneel down beside him.

          “We’ll go get help.” Ben tells him. I’m guessing Red Eye tells him something.

          “I understand.” Ben says. Red Eye turns to his left at Tom and grabs his hand.

          “Keep the fight going.” Ben says. Red Eyes hand drops and he’s gone. We all stand up and another Skitter comes over to us.

          “We have to go.” Ben tells us. Everyone leaves and Tom, Allie, Ben and I pick up Hal and carry him back to the trucks. Once we get back there and we’re safely away from the weapon, we blow it to hell.

          We finally make it back to Charleston and once we start walking down the hallway, people start coming towards us, congratulating us. Everyone is so exhausted that we really don’t care about the others right now.

          We walk further down the hallway and I see Matt running towards Tom, Ben and I.

          “Dad, Ben, Kali!” Matt says running up to hug us.

          “Was it cool?” Matt asks.

          “That’s one word for it.” Ben says hugging him and kissing the top of his head.

          “So are you staying? With us I mean?” Matt asks.

          “Matt, Ben’s got important things—“Tom starts to say but Ben cuts him off.

          “Of course I’m staying in fact I think we should get a killer game of monopoly going if you think you can beat me.” Ben says to Matt.

          “You know I can suckerfish.” Matt says hugging him one more time. Matt lets him go and he and Tom walk ahead of Ben and I. I smile and wrap my arm around his waist as he does the same thing to me. We start walking down the hallway to where Anne has Hal at.

          “I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong. He might have a slight concussion but his vital signs are normal and he’s breathing on his own.” Anne tells Tom, Matt, Ben, Allie and I.

          “Meaning what?” I ask.

          “Meaning nothing really we just have to wait and see what happens. Right now I think it’s best that we just let him rest. Okay?” Anne says. I look at Allie who really looks like she’s about to cry.

          “I promise we’ll keep an eye on him.” Anne tells her. She nods and we all walk out of the room, leaving Hal to rest and hopefully get better. I wrap my arm around her shoulders for reassurance.

          “Hey he’ll be alright.” I tell her. She nods and I ask her if she wants to go to dinner with Ben Matt and I. She says no and goes back to her own room. Matt, Ben and I get our plates and choose a table to sit at.

          “So are you really staying?” I ask Ben.

          “Of course I am.” He says smiling at me.

          “Hey later can we play monopoly? I wanna go play with my friends.” Matt says.

          “Sure I’ll see you later.” Ben says. Matt walks away and I watch him while eating some rice.

          “Since when did you change your mind?” I ask Ben.

          “I changed my mind when I saw your face after Karen hurt you. I knew I had to stay and make sure that I don’t lose you Kali. Because if I did, I don’t know what I would do.” Ben says. I blush and set my fork down on my plate. Ben reaches over the table and grabs my hands.

          “I told you everything would be alright Ben.” I say smiling. He rubs his thumb against my hand and we just sit there for a moment, enjoying the peace we had finally deserved.

          Suddenly, the table starts to shake. I let go of his hand and look around to see every wall, table and everything shaking as well. The siren sounds and everyone runs outside to see what’s causing it and we see Weaver and Tom ahead of us.

          We make it to street outside and look up at the sky. I swear it looks like the biggest thunderstorm I’ve ever seen in my entire life. There’s lightening everywhere, winds probably up to miles and miles. All I see is flashes of blue light everywhere and the sound of thunder cracking over miles and miles.

          All of a sudden, there’s an ear piercing ringing in everyone’s ears and for a second it stops. I look up at the sky and see dozens upon dozens of blue lights fall from the sky above us. Everyone starts freaking out as one of the lights lands in front of us.

          A ship that looks like it could fit barely two people stops right in front of us and a door opens. Out from the ship walks another alien that we may or may not have to worry about now along with the ones we have already.

_____________________________________________

AND THIS CONCLUDES THE END OF DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!

BUT I HAVE GOOD NEWS!! I'M MAKING A THREEQUEL AS OF RIGHT NOW!!! STAY TUNED FOR THE THREEQUEL INFORMATION THAT'S COMING BEFORE THE END OF THE NIGHT!!!