Part 22

It’s been about two weeks since we’ve been at this hospital and so far everything is going smoothly. I shouldn’t say that too much because I don’t want to jinx myself.

          “Hey Lourdes.”  I say walking up to her. Since no one is really around I decided to talk to her for a while.

          “Oh hey what’s up?” She says.

          “Nothing just bored, wanted someone to talk to.” I say.

          “Okay just let me finish this up and I’ll meet you outside.” Lourdes says. I nod and wait for her outside the room. She finally walks out and we begin to walk through the hospital.

          “So whatcha wanna talk about?” She says.

          “Umm well have you noticed anything going on between Tom and Anne?” I say.

          “Actually yeah a lot. I caught them making out on the med bus like twice.” She whispers to me.

          “Whoa really? Well that explains a lot.” I say

          “Yeah I know right.” Lourdes says. Suddenly, someone comes running up to us telling Lourdes that Anne needs her right away. Lourdes leaves and I decide to go find Matt wherever he is.

          I walk outside the building and find him walking around with a gun in his hands. He really hasn’t let that thing go has he?

          “Hey Matt what are you doing?” I ask walking up to him.

          “Nothing keeping guard.” He says. We begin talking for a while and are interrupted when Hal and Maggie run up to us. It looks like Hal is carrying someone in his arms.

          “Matt go get dad. Tell him we found Karen.” Hal tells Matt. Matt runs off and I follow Allie and Hal.

          “What happened?” I ask.

          “We were on patrol when we came across a bunch of de-harnessed kids. All dead except for Karen.” Allie tells me. She gives me a look that tells me that she thinks something’s going on. Tom runs over to us and Allie tells him what she just told me.

          “I don’t understand.” Tom says.

          “She’s barely breathing we gotta get her to Dr. Glass.” Hal says.

          “Oh wait.” Tom says.

          “Dad her harness is gone please.” Hal says.

          “Don’t let her stay. We can’t trust her she’s still attached to them.” We hear Ben say from over on the steps.

          “How do you know that Ben?” Tom asks.

          “I can- I can hear it.” Ben says.

          “Alright Dai you and Lyle take her to the psyche area and put her in a secure room.” Tom says.

          “Dad.” Hal says.

          “You’re dad’s right it’s better this way until we know.” Allie tells Hal. Lyle takes Karen from Hal and everyone rushes in the hospital. I stop at where Ben is on the steps.

          “Are you sure?” I ask him. He nods and we follow everyone to the psyche room where Karen is. About an hour later after cleaning her up, she wakes up. Ben and I are standing outside when we hear her wake up.

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share! 

Okay so i'm going to the beach tomorrow and i might not be able to update much BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD STOP READING! I'll try my best to update every chance i get so I just wanted to let you all know! :)

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!!!

35 comments/votes/reads for Part 23!