Part 24

“Hey if I tell you something, will you promise not to tell anyone else?” Allie says.

          “Sure.” I say.

          “Well on our last mission together, we were at this hospital and Hal and I were talking and one thing led to another and we kissed. Right on the stairs of this very hospital.” Allie tells me. My jaw drops and she just laughs.

          “Nuh-uh really? Oh my gosh I’m so happy for you Allie!” I say jumping up and down a little.

          “Calm down, he said he wanted to be with me but I said no so everything is done.” She says. I raise an eyebrow and just stare at her. “What?” She asks.

          “Why in the world did you do that?” I ask her.

          “I’m not the right girl for him.” She says. Suddenly, we see Lyle and Tector drive up with the pickup. Tom comes out and we walk up to the pickup, look in the back, and we see Anthony and Pope lying there. I help them carry them inside to Anne and once we get them to a room, Anthony wakes up.

          “Okay I’m fine.” Anthony says.

          “No you’re not, sit down.” Lourdes and I say. We help him sit on the bed across from where they set Pope.

          “What happened?” Tom asked Anthony.

          “Me and Pope went looking for a new set of wheels outside of Durham so we split up. I heard gunfire and by the time I got back to him he was being chased by a mess of Skitters. We ran like hell, but a Mech got a shot off and the blast got near us. Pope went down and I just picked him up and kept running until I couldn’t run anymore. ” Anthony says.

          “He needs to rest now.” Lourdes tells Tom.

          “Okay it’s good to have you back.” Tom says. He walks over to Pope and I say goodbye to Anthony and Lourdes and walk back to my room. I find Matt in there half asleep sitting up on his bed.

          “Hey Matty, what are you doing? You look tired.”I tell him.

          “I’m not tired,” Just as he says that he yawns. I laugh and make him lie down on the bed.

          “Yes you are don’t lie to me. You wouldn’t lie to me now would you?” I say. He shakes his head no and yawns again.

          “I’m going to miss Ben.” Matt says.

          “Why would you miss Ben?” I ask him but he’s already fast asleep. I decide to let it go so I pull the covers over him, kiss his head and let him sleep.

          The morning after that, I wake up on my own bed with Matt just waking up too. We decide to go to breakfast together since everyone else is already gone. After our oatmeal and bean breakfast, I walk back to my tent.

          I’ve been reading the third Harry Potter book and I’m almost done with it. Right when I get to the last chapter, Maggie comes barging in my tent.

          “What’s wrong?” I ask her sitting up.

          “Kali, it’s Ben.” She says.

          “What’s wrong? Is he okay?” I say standing up.

          “Hal told me that he found Ben and Karen in her room. He said that their spikes were glowing and they were close together. When he walked in Karen collapsed and Ben ran off. Now we can’t find Ben do you know where he is?” Allie asks me.

          “No, I’ll find him and talk to him thanks for telling me.” I leave her and run off to find Ben. I search through every room and I finally find him in one looking out the window.

          “Ben, what happened with you and Karen?” I ask closing the door behind me.

          “Nothing don’t worry about it.” He says not looking at me.

          “Hal said you two were holding each other and your spikes were glowing in her room. That’s not nothing what happened?” I say going up next to him trying to get him to look at me.

          “You wouldn’t understand.” He says.

          “Why wouldn’t I?” I say getting angry now.

          “I’m tired of everyone pretending like they know me and what’s going on with me but they don’t. No one does except Karen.” He says looking at me.

          “Help me try to understand please.” I say.

          “Why? It’s not like that would do any good. No matter how much people try you’ll never completely understand. So why are you even trying?” He says almost yelling.

          “Because that’s what I’m supposed to do. I’m supposed to be there for you and help you as much as I can but you’re not letting me in, you’re not letting me help you!” I say back.

          “Who said I needed your help? Maybe I’m not letting you help me because I don’t need any help.” He says. We’re both practically screaming at each other now. We’ve never had a fight like this before, not even when we weren’t together.

          “Fine since you don’t need my help I guess you don’t need me at all.” I snap back. I storm out of the room and race to find Allie. We need to put an end to this whole Karen situation right now. 

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS SO FAR :)

35 comments/votes/reads for part 25!