Part 2

“Dr. Glass! Dr. Glass! Anne!” I yell out to her. Hal, Weaver, Dai and some other fighters grab Tom and carry him to the med bus. Anne jumps out screaming for Lourdes to set up another stretcher.

          “Tom’s been shot, lost a lot of blood.” Weaver says to Anne. She leads them to the bus.

          “Was it a Mech?” She asks.

          “Tell Ben it wasn’t his fault.” Tom says. I look at Ben who stopped completely.

          “It was an accident friendly fire.” Weaver says looking at Ben as well. They carry Tom into the bus and Ben runs after Anne. He grabs her by the shirt and pulls her back.

          “I didn’t know. It was dark and—“ Ben starts to say. Anne says she has to go and runs in the bus.

          “Ben it’s okay, hey it’s alright.” I say looking at him. He quickly glances at me before running to the bus door. I chase him and he’s standing in the doorway looking at everyone setting Tom down. I get beside him and watch them as well.

          They rip open his shirt and the hole in his side lets out an excess of blood. Lourdes throws Hal Toms jacket who is standing right in front of us.

          “Let’s turn him over.” Anne says as her and Weaver turn him. “No exit wound that means the bullet is still inside. Okay, Lourdes I need his pressure.” She says. Matt runs in from behind Ben and me and tries to run to Tom. Hal catches him before he can get any closer.

          “Dad! What happened to him?” Matt says in Hals arms.

          “He’s been hurt pretty bad buddy.” Hal says.

          “But he’s gonna be okay right?” Matt asks.

          “Ninety over seventy.” Lourdes tells Anne.

          “Okay start an IV drip and go get the Prophifal we found in Pittsburg. I can’t stop the bleeding until I find out where the bullet is okay? I have to go in Tom.” Anne says.

          “Guy’s I know how much you wanna be here but—“ Lourdes starts to say to us.

          “She’s right come on let’s give them some room.” Weaver says moving us out. Matt and Hal go first but Ben doesn’t move so I grab his arm and pull it.

          “Come on Ben, it’s alright.” I say. I have to practically drag him out of there. Hal, Matt, Ben and I go back to our tent and sit on our separate beds.

          “Is dad going to be okay?” Matt asks. I walk over to his cot and sit beside him.

          “He’s going to be just fine don’t worry Matt.” I say putting my arm around him and rubbing his arm.

          “What happened to him?” He asks me. I look at Ben who is sitting on his bed with his back towards us.

          “He’s just been hurt pretty badly but don’t worry it’ll be okay. Now go to sleep and hopefully he’ll be up by tomorrow.” I say. He nods and I kiss the top of his head. After tucking him in, I walk over to Ben’s cot and touch his back with my hand. He looks up at me and I nod my head towards the door. We walk out to the side of the tent.

          “Are you okay Ben?” I ask him.

          “I just shot my own dad. I feel like shit.” He says not looking at me.

          “You had no idea he’d be back there, you shouldn’t feel like that. It was a total accident.” I say.

          “But I still shot him.” He says crossing his arms.

          “At least you have him back Ben. At least you have your very own father back with you. Not many people have that type of a chance to get their parents back.” I say laying my hand on his arms. He finally looks at me and sighs.

          “I know but I still feel terrible. I really didn’t mean to you know that right?” He says.

          “Yes I do. Now let’s just forget about what happened for right now and go back in the tent.” I say. I give him a weak smile and he nods his head. We go back in the tent and I fall asleep on my own cot.

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!!

2 Votes for Part 3!

I hope you guys like this story :$