Part 39

I go in a room to get some arrows and fill up my quiver. I try to reach some nice arrows on a self but I’m too short so I try jumping. Just as I’m about to jump again, I feel someone grab my sides and pinch them.

          “Boo.” Someone says behind me. I jump and almost fall over on the shelves. I turn around and see Ben laughing his ass off at me.

          “You asshole that wasn’t funny!” I say punching him in the arm. He just keeps laughing and I stand there with my arms crossed waiting for him to stop.

          “Are you done yet?” I ask impatiently. He calms down a little and I roll my eyes and continue trying to get the arrows from the shelf.

          “Here let me help you.” Ben says. He easily reaches up and grabs a few arrows for me. He holds them out for me and I take them, rolling my eyes in the process.

          “I’m sorry, I saw a chance and I took it.” Ben says smiling. I put the arrows on the table, turn around and lean against the table with my arms crossed facing Ben.

          “Aww come on are you really going to stay mad at me?” Ben says walking towards me. I just glare at him until he’s literally a few inches away from me. I give up and start laughing as well.

          “No I’m not.” I say smiling.

          “Are you sure you wanna come?” Ben asks me.

          “Of course why wouldn’t I?” I say.

          “Well I just don’t want to see you get hurt. And the only way for that is if you—“ He starts to say but I stop him.

          “I’m going Ben. And that’s final. Someone needs to keep an eye on you to make sure you don’t die yourself.” I say.

          “I know but—“ Ben starts to say but I stop him by laying my hand on his cheek.

          “Hey, as long as you’re by my side, everything with be just fine. I know that you will have my back and if we die, then we’ll die together.” I say. He pulls his hand onto mine up at his face.

          “You’ve always been good at speeches Mayflower.” He says smiling.

          “Oh you know me Benji.”I say grinning at the sound of the nickname he hates.

          “You’re lucky I love you or else you’d be sleeping with the Skitters for saying that.” Ben says laughing.

          “I love you too.” I say smiling. He leans down to kiss me slowly but I pull his neck down further. He starts to wrap his arms around me in between the kiss and suddenly we hear someone beside us.

          “Ooooh check out Ben and Kali.” I hear Anthony say. I look and see Allie and Hal laughing along beside him.

          “Get a room!” Hal says laughing. I start laughing leaning my head against Bens chest. He laughs as well and kisses me one last time.

          “Oh they’re going at it again!” Anthony says. I let go of Ben who is smiling like an idiot and pick up my new arrows. We walk towards them, hand in hand, and I punch Anthony in the shoulder. He’s still laughing too.

          “Alright alright let’s go before you die of laughter.” Allie says to Anthony. We walk to a truck and I start loading it up. Lourdes and Matt walk over and I hop off to say goodbye.

          “Hey Lourdes, you’ll be alright here without us right?” I say.

          “Yeah I’ll be fine.” She says.

          “Yeah I’ll keep her safe.” Matt says walking up to us.

          “Of course you will Matty. Now come on and give me a hug before I have to go.” I say kneeling down. He hugs me and runs off to say goodbye to Tom I’m guessing.

          “Be careful out there Kali.” Lourdes says to me.

          “I will.” I say. We hug and I get in the back of the truck with Ben Maggie and Hal while Tom drives with Anne up front. We start driving into the city towards the weapon. Once we get there, Ben leads us to the door of the underground way towards the weapon.

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!

55 comments/votes/reads/shares for part 40!