Part 33

“By command of the First Continental Army of the new United States of America, you and the rest of the 2nd Mass are to give up your weapons and you will all be separated into your own sleeping arrangements.” The soldier says.

          “Wait what do you mean—“ Tom starts to say but gets cut off.

          “Do I need to repeat myself?” The soldier says. Tom stands up and looks straight at him. A crowd begins to form and the 2nd Mass is backing us up.

          “Actually yeah you do. And know that we are sure as hell not going to give up any of our weapons and we’re sure as hell not going to be split up.” Tom says. Suddenly, there’s complete chaos. Everyone begins shouting and screaming at each other. The 2nd Mass against the couple soldiers and we hear Weaver show up.

          “What the hell is going on here?” Weaver asks.

          “Captain they’re spreading the 2nd Mass across a dozen different housing areas.” Anne says.

          “This is not a damn resort you will go where you are told!” The sergeant yells at Tom.

          “Adese. Adese sergeant Clemens.” Porter says walking up to us.

          “Jim, these people have had each other’s backs for months.” Tom says.

          “I understand that and you’ve got to understand that this isn’t putative. Down here we store all the weapons in the central area and we issue according to mission. We’re just putting your people in where they belong. Now that’s said, you tell me no way and I’ll back your position.” Porter tells Weaver. Weaver thinks about what to do while we all look at him for his answer.

          “Hold on,” Weaver says as everyone begins to scream again. “I may not like it but the Kernel is making sense. We’re here now we’re in Charleston. We’re in Charleston.” Weaver says.

          “Tom,” Anne says.

          “No Captain Weaver’s right, we need to start thinking beyond the 2nd Mass now.” Tom says taking his gun off his back. Everyone begins to put their weapons on the table but I go up to Tom.

          “Wait Tom what about my bow?” I ask him. He talks to Porter and they say that I can keep it I just have to give them my hand gun. After everyone is done giving up their weapons, they show us to our rooms and I have to share a room with Allie. I’m fine with that I just would like to have my own room once in a while. I fall straight asleep once we get to the room and look around.

          The next morning, Allie and I meet up with Hal at breakfast and sit down to eat.

          “So where are you guys supposed to be today?” Hal asks us as we sit down with our plates.

          “Later we have to go to the weaponry for target shooting and that’s pretty much it. How about you?” I say.

          “Same but inventory as well. I’ll tell you I’d rather off be killing a bunch of Skitters right now instead of stupid inventory.” Hal says taking a bight of his food.

          “I second that motion.” I say.

          “Well at least they have you working on something or else you might go stir crazy.” Allie tells Hal.

          “What like you?” Hal says. They both laugh and I just look down at my plate thinking about Ben. He’s literally never left my mind since he left and now it’s like there’s just a huge hole in me; like something’s missing.

          We finish eating breakfast and decide to look around Charleston before we go to the weaponry. When our time comes we make our way down there and I grab my bow from my room real quick. Hal walks off leaving Allie and I to target practice.

          We go to get some guns and out of the corner of my eye, I see Allie sneak a gun in her jacket. I’m honestly not surprised she did that knowing her. After target practice and making about a couple dozen bulls-eyes, I leave the weaponry to go find Tom.

          They really have us in here stuck doing target practice while we could be out there fighting the enemy. Don’t think that I don’t have any complaints about that because right now my mind is flooded with them. On the way there, I see Matt walking out of Toms room. 

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!

45 comments/votes/shares/reads for part 34!