Deleted Scene

Once me, my dad and his team get back to the hospital after saving my idiotic ass from Karen, I jump out of the truck trying to run off and find Kali. I need to apologize for our fight earlier I didn’t mean to say all those rude things and I didn’t even try to help her when I saw her lying on the floor in Karen’s room. Just as I jump out and start walking away, dad stops me.

          “Ben wait, I need to tell you something.” He says scratching his beard and pulling me to the side. Whenever he does that and has that look on his face, it’s never good.

          “I’ve gotta go find Kali—“ I start to say walking away again but he stops me.

          “That’s what I need to talk to you about.” Dad says looking me in the eyes.

          “Is she okay?” I ask getting nervous all of a sudden.

          “Ben it was her heart, Karen must’ve pushed her hard enough or something. She couldn’t breathe at first and she-she almost died Ben.” Dad tells me. I step back away from him, trying to make sense of what he just told me.

          Kali, the only person in this world that can really make me happy, almost died because of my stupid actions. Right when that thought hits me, I dart away from dad towards the hospital. Why must everything bad that happens to Kali be my fault? I didn’t mean for this to happen, I was just still mad about our fight.

          I run into the hospital all the way to her room, dodging people out of my way. I find Lourdes in Weavers room helping him stand up.

          “Lourdes where’s Kali?” I ask her in the doorway.

          “She’s in room 318 but Ben—“ Lourdes starts to say but I run away before she can finish. I run all the way to room 318 and once I reach it, I stop in the doorway. There on the bed, I see Kali waking up. I shouldn’t be here, it’s my fault she’s this way. I start to walk away but she sees me so I slowly walk to her bed. I stop at the side and just look down at my hands.

          “Hi.” Kali says. I continue looking down at my hands when I see her grab them.

          “I’m so sorry Kali. I didn’t mean for this to happen, honestly. I didn’t mean what I said before you know that right?” I tell her looking her straight in the eyes.

          “Yeah I know. I’m just happy she didn’t hurt you.” Kali says smiling that beautiful smile I love to see.

          “But she hurt you. I feel like this is all my fault everything that has happened to you is my fault. I-I’m just really sorry that I haven’t been a better—“          I start to apologize but Kali stops me by sitting up and reaching up to my face.

          She places both of her hands on my face and I lean down towards her. Before kissing me, I look her in the eyes just thinking about how she could ever forgive me for what I’ve done. During the kiss, I raise my hand up to her neck to pull her towards me more.

          “Apology accepted.” She says letting me go. We stay like that until we hear the Mech firing outside. She jumps out of bed, grabs her bow and jacket, and we run outside to see what’s going on. 

_____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!

Sorry it's so short but i hope you like it! If i get about 20 reads I'll post Part 26 as soon as i can!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING :)