6

Armani "KING" Hayes
February 14, 2015
Saturday | 5:20 p.m.

I sat and enjoyed the quality time I was having with my daughter. I never expected to have a child at the age of twenty one but it happened. I love Ava with all of my heart and will do anything for her. It pained me that things didn't work out between me and her mother in the beginning. My father didn't raise a coward so I tried to stick around. For months I felt like I was going to lose my mind from being so miserable.

That's when I realized that not only did my father not raise a coward but a naive and stupid boy. Ashley manipulated me for so long I almost gave into falling into being her slave. The only good things that came out of the relationship was me being able to keep my eyes open now and Ava.

I looked down to see Ava drifting off to sleep as we watched little mermaid for the fifth time. My phone sounded off just as I was about to move her.

"What's good?" I kept my voice low.

"Lil bit sleep?" Auden yelled over the loud music blaring from his car.

"Just about. You good?" I asked.

"Yea just left mama crib. She want to see Ava."

"Well shit if you come get her she can get her till Monday." I laid her down and covered her.

"Let me hit her up and see what's up. Me and Kam about to come through anyway."

"Call me when you get here. Don't knock." I stood and grabbed her bag to pack.

"Aight."

I tossed my phone in my pocket and started to pack her a few things.

Auden was my half brother. We have the same father but separate mothers. To be honest I grew up thinking his mother was mines until mines showed up out of the blue and took me away.

It wasn't until we ended up at the same elementary school that I ran into Auden again and since then nothing broke our bond. His mother is the cause of that. She's been more of a mother figure to me than my own so she get's that title as my mother until mines want to act right.

I rolled a blunt for the mean time and opened the balcony door to put out some of the smoke. Hearing a knock on the door I shook my head when I heard Kam goofy ass talking loudly.

Auden won't no better shushing and cursing him out for knocking. I walked back in and to the door swinging it open just as he called me.

"I said don't fucking knock!" Kam smile dropped.

"Damn you one ugly nigga." He busted into laughter before barging in.

"Man someone need to get that fool some manners

"Man someone need to get that fool some manners. Where lil bit? Mama said she would love to keep her but only till tomorrow night." I let him in and walked to the living room.