28

Kyara McKinley
May 5, 2015
Tuesday | 3:15 p.m.

I sat in my living room sipping on a glass of Merlot while staring at the wall

I sat in my living room sipping on a glass of Merlot while staring at the wall. I've been in the same spot for the past hour or so. Armani and I have yet to discuss the craziness that took place at his mothers place. The minute we left we both were in an state of silence For me I was more so shocked and confused that the man I had fallen for had been withholding from me since the beginning. By the time we got back to my apartment last night Armani said he had to run back out and would be back.

Another lie that he has told which makes me even more upset. Not a call or text since he dropped me off and the silence was making me think things I didn't want to.

Looking down at my half empty glass, I ran my finger across the rim and shook my head.

There was a lot of questions I needed answered and the longer I waited the more complex things became for me. I didn't understand how hard it was to inform me on everything from the beginning.

He made Ashley to be such a evil person but in all honesty she was a woman who was hurt by a man who she once loved. It lead her to do some vindictive things but you could truly tell that she only did them to hurt Armani back. Then there is him having two other children beside's Ava. He hid that from me when he could've told me from the very beginning. I probably would've been more accepting due to us not having a serious connection at first. Not once did he think it was a good time for me to know which hurt.

What was bothering me overall was the fact that the lifestyle he was living secretly was one that could not only put him and his family in danger but myself.

I've ran into many men who lived both reckless and ruthless lives. When taking on Armani's case he just didn't seem like one of those men. His alibi was clear and confirmed to be correct. The eye witness not showing up concluded that he was an innocent man.

I can't believe that I was so gullible and let my guard down so easily. It was not something I did and luckily I won his case but sadly injustice had been done.

Hearing the front door close I looked up to see Armani strolling in. He stared at me and took a deep breath before sitting across from me.

Looking him over I could see the exhaustion in his eyes. His shoulders were slouched and the bags under his eyes were more evident.

"You look like crap." I said out loud. I truthfully meant to say that in my head but it slipped. Sitting my glass down in front of me I got comfortable again.

"I feel like crap." He laughed.

An awkward silence fell over us as we stared at one another. I had mixed feelings but I also wanted to jump across the small space between us and attack him.

"Where should I begin?"

"That shouldn't even be a question..."

"You right.." He nodded. Clasping his hands together he stared at the floor and shook his head. "I guess we should talk about the things that's most important."