33

Akira Foreman
July 16, 2015
Thursday | 6:45 p.m.

The sound of my sneakers tapping the wooden floor of Armani's living room was all I could hear. I sat as patient as I could while Auden attempted to get in touch with Zarryls younger brother. Kyara busied herself with Ava as Armani drilled a hole through her face. I could feel the tension among the two but at the moment my mind was heavy on finding Harmony. I couldn't believe my mother would leave her alone with a stranger. Things would be far different if Zarryl was here but he's not and there is a reason I chose to distance myself from his family.

I tried my best by going to where she lived but ended up just driving around for countless of hours. Looking up I watched as Auden nodded his head while on the phone. I was glad that I knew someone who also knew my child's father and his family. If not then I would be stuck with going to the police who have to follow ridiculous policies and protocols.

"I know man. Shit crazy. No doubt. See you soon." Auden spoke, he ended the call and placed his phone away.

"What he say?" I asked.

"Ride with me right quick to pick her up. His mama had a melt down after she took baby girl." He sighed, shaking his head. I stood up and made my way towards the door before another word could be uttered.

"How long you gone be?" Kam asked.

Auden shrugged. "Like two hours tops. It's thirty minutes there and then back but with traffic.."

"I'll ride with." Ky spoke hastily. "My stomach is killing me."

"I actually need to talk to you about something. I'll give you a ride home afterwards." Armani stood.

"I'm gone ride out and see if I can find out what's up. I think I got a feeling but I'm not gone speak on just an assumption." Kam replied before standing and following behind.

I didn't want to leave Ky alone with Armani because I knew how hard she took the rejection but I needed to get to my baby.

"Ky you want to-"

"It's fine Akira. Go ahead I'm good." Ky spoke hesitantly.

"Ky we get ice cream!" Ava eyed her with big eyes. I smiled at how beautiful she was.

"I'll stop by your place on my way back." I replied and watched as she nodded her head before we left.

Majority of the ride was silent as I sat back and thought of how I flipped on my mother. She was in the wrong for being mischievous but it was disrespectful of me to flip on her the way I did. My mom is my rock and if anything was to ever happen to her I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Using my phone I sent her a quick apology text and made sure she knew that I loved her. I felt a light squeeze on my thigh and when I looked up seen Auden staring at the darkened road ahead of us.

"You giving that leg a workout." He laughed.

"What?"

"You keep bouncing the same leg. You trying to put a hole in the floor of my whip?"

"Oh. Sorry." I frowned, adjusting my self in the seat.

"She in good hands man. Ms. Foreman can be evil but she not gone hurt babygirl." He spoke softly.

I frowned. "If you say so." I mumbled.

"So look I been meaning to talk to you about something. Right now is no the right time but I know you would want to know."

"Will it make me mad?"

"Probably.."

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad?"