25

Omniscient
May 3, 2015
Sunday | 3:16 p.m.

Kyara pushed Ava on the swings at the neighborhood park they were visiting. It was a beautiful day to just get out of the apartment. Feeling her phone vibrate she retrieved it from her pocket and answered.

"McKinley speaking?"

"Hello yes, this is Dr. Swonson and I was calling to go over your blood results."

She had totally forgotten about her blood being drawn at the hospital. They were backed up Friday which left her to leave without them.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes and no. Your samples sort of got mixed up in the lab. Is it possible for you to come in for another test. I also want to try another urine sample." Dr. Swonson voice didn't sound alarming to Kyara.

"Is this important. I thought I was just dehydrated? Is the pill I'm about to start accurate also? I don't want to waste a trip there or to the pharmacy."

"Yes you were dehydrated Ms. McKinley and no the pill is fine. I sent over some multivitamins for you also to take. How about if you feel the need to come in due to experiencing the same symptoms or any please do and I will be at your service. I just wanted to double check and make sure everything was clear."

"Well thank you Dr. Swonson. I'll try to come in sometime this week." She smiled as Ava got off of the swing and bolted for the sand.

"Have a nice day."

"You too."

Kyara hung up and placed her phone away. Walking over to where Ava was she sat down and watched her play. Ava looked up and stared behind Kyara smiling wide. Feeling a presence behind her Kyara turned her head seeing KING with his camera.

"You look horrible!" He placed his camera down and smiled.

Ky smiled. "I feel horrible. Been a long week."

"Same here." She replied turning her head back to Ava.

"How long have you two been out here?" He asked sitting down.

"Not long it's going to rain though so I plan to leave soon."

"Ma told me where you two were. She gone take Ava with her tonight and I'll get her back on Tuesday." He sighed tiredly.

"Well let's go back now so that you can get some sleep love." Kyara stood up only for KING to pull her down on his lap.

"Nah she can play a little longer. How you feeling baby?" He removed a stray hair from KYs face and smiled.

"Better! I do not want to see another piece of chicken that I did not cook myself." They both laughed.

"Ma was adamant on you carrying my child. Still is although the doctor said you was just dehydrated."

"She can slow her roll on that one. Ava is all I need right now."

Ky frowned thinking about Ava asking about her mother. It wasn't that she wanted to take that role but the thought of KING possibly getting back with his child's mother one day was questionable.

"What's that face?"

"Have you ever consider getting back with Ava's mother? Make things work out?" She turned her body fully facing him.

"Nah. Ashley was never the one for me. Why you ask?" He stared at Ava and smiled.

"Ava was watching Princess and the Frog and stopped it on the part where Tiana was surrounding by her mother and father. I thought she was just missing you but after I reassured her that you were coming home she asked about her mother."