37

Armani "KING" Hayes
July 31, 2015
Friday | 11:15 p.m.

I sat up in bed watching Ky sleep. I was angry for no apparent reason which kept me restless. Running my hand over my face I sighed in frustration. This getaway merely existed to keep me sane. Once I touch back in the states it was over. I'm killing everyone who think they can one over me.

Starting with Mei and her nigga Basil. I knew his name wasn't the only reason why I didn't like him.

I sat at the edge of the bed just staring at the muted TV screen. I let me guard down over the past few months and that's something I wasn't happy about. The last thing I needed was to lose my family all behind the careless mistakes I've made.

"Every night you've done this." Ky mumbled, sitting up in bed.

"Done what?" I asked, continuing to stare off.

"Sit up and stare at that damn screen until you fall asleep. It's not healthy." She sighed. I could feel movement from behind followed by her chest pressed against my back.

"I'm good. Go back back to sleep." I replied. Shaking my head and watching the screen flash.

"I'm not tired. That's all I've been doing." She sighed, placing her head on my back. "What's on your mind?" She asked. Truthfully I had too much on my mind to know where to start.

"We should turn the warehouse into your own production building for your boutique."

"We? It's not mines. Where are you going to do your work?" She asked.

"I'll figure all of that out later."

"No keep your warehouse. I don't need it."

"Why you acting like it's a problem that I want to turn my warehouse into a production site for you?"

"Why would you do that? Stop worrying about me and worry about yourself and Ava." She replied.

"What you mean by worry about myself and Ava. What type of shit is you on Kyara?" I snapped, standing up and turning to stare at her.

Ky eyebrows dropped, "So we're going to just forget that you rejected me, removed me from both you and Ava life, ignored, and pushed me to the side like I wasn't shit to you?" She replied, evidence of hurt still in her voice. It had merely slipped my mind that I did that crap to her. The same day things went down and she got shot I was suppose to apologize. Never got around to doing that. Here I am snapping when I'm still in the wrong.

I slouched down so that we were eye to eye. I could see the anger forming by the way she stared at me.

"Did you solve anything? Here you are talking as if we're as one but last time I checked that's some bull." She huffed.

"What do I need to say or do to make things right?" I sighed, running my hand down my face in frustration. "I wasn't thinking about anyone but my damn self then. My mind was so focused on raising the girls and handling business that I thought having you around wasn't essential. That wasn't true one bit cause I couldn't keep you off of my mind and wished that you could help relieve some stress a nigga was experiencing. I fucked myself over letting my pride get to me." I confessed. "What woman in her right mind would play step mom to three young kids of a nigga she not even married to?"