Chapter 7: Sometimes, I'm Just Like Any Other Girl

Evan's voice echoed in my head or was it really echoing?

"What the hell is going on?" He'd said.

Well what did it fucking look like? I wanted to say that but I couldn't really speak past the pain, but slowly, my mind was becoming numb to the feeling, just like before. 

The boy didn't speak, and from the shift in the atmosphere I could almost tell he was smiling. I could hear his footsteps making their way back to me. His hand gripped my short hair and yanked me up by it as I tried to breath from the newfound aching in my scalp.

I winced and closed my eyes tightly before opening them. I saw two of everything before I blinked and everything merged slowly back together. I saw Evan standing by the door; he was actually leaning against the door like it was the most casual thing. How much I wanted to slap that emotionless and unreadable look off his damn face.

The boy stared at me and I glared back. I swallowed hard before I spoke my last words again with much difficulty, between harsh and struggled breathing.

"Go... fuck... yourself." I gasped out the last word but still I had gotten it out and I felt kind of proud of myself.

That is until he punched me in the stomach again while dropping me to the ground. I landed on all floors as I choked up something it came out like vomit. A small pond of blood stared at me dripped from my open mouth. I'm sure that was bad thing as I tried to swallow as panic began to flood me and tears blurred my vision.

My shoulders shook as I sobbed at the sight of how terrible I was. Then that little voice said something in my mind.

You're being weak, Kylie.

I was, crying and making myself look needy. I crawled away from the blood and gripped the edge of the sink and struggled to pull myself to my feet. I was halfway up when the boy was gripping my hair again, much harder than before and I held back a scream.

Instinctively my hands went up, clawing at his wrist. When that didn't work I used all my energy to turn sharply and kicking blindly. I made contact with hard bone and I heard a groan and he let go of my hair. I dropped to my knees, gripping my mid section that was burning with pain.

I couldn't think straight; I couldn't remember how to work my body. Why was this happening to me? How do you breath again? All the blood left in me rushed up to my ears and my heart pounded hard against my chest, hurting even my skeleton. I couldn't breath without a sharp pain coming from my stomach and I clenched it, trying to make the pain go away. The boy next to me stopped grunting.

He spoke to Evan, ignoring me, "Your bitch been getting on my damn nerves. She's a loyal whore, this one is. Why would you risk something like this Evan? You're too smart to make such a stupid mistake. To actually think you'll get away with a spy, it doesn't work like that."

"She's not a bitch. She's not a whore. She's not a spy. I don't know her." Evan said, his voice sharp yet it had no emotion behind it. The sound made a icy shiver go down my back.

"I don't believe you, Evan. We knew you were going to get out of line soon. We'll make sure to deal with this little bitch and get on to more important business. You're going to owe us for the rest of your petty life, Evan." The boy said, walking past me before turning around and crouching in front of me. I found the energy somewhere to glare at him even though I was already useless.

He smirked and said, "We'll finish you off later, in a more private place. Just you wait. We'll be way more fun with you than Evan ever can be."

The disgusted words made goose-bumps form on my arms.