Chapter 9: I'll Choke You Like A Chicken

Ryan straightened back up and patted my shoulder saying, "All done."

I glared at him. "I'm not a puppy." He smiled, shrugging as he stepped out the curtain and disappearing. I used Evan's warm hand to slowly slide off the bed, my feet landed with a thud on the ground.

Slowly I straightened up and there was a slight throbbing coming from my stomach that made me feel like a hammer was lightly hammering against my insides. It wasn't very comfortable at all. I let go of Evan's hand and walked a few steps forward, the throbbing increasing but not to the point where I couldn't bear it. I nodded and we walked out the blue curtain and right towards the door.

Out in the hallway, I noticed that we were on the first floor from the numbering of the lockers. That's when I thought about something. "My book bag." I muttered, trying to think about what I had done with it when Dalton attacked me. I must have dropped it somewhere in shock or the pain.

Evan who was walking next to me spoke, "Ryan put it in front of your locker."

That's when another thought occurred to me. "Doesn't he go to another school?"

Evan glanced at me before looking back in front of us, saying, "No."

However, I clearly remember him getting off the bus at a school called Airline or something like that. I'll ask him while we eat. At my locker I dialed out the combination, surprised I remembered it without my schedule. What had happened to that too? I was carrying it when Dalton came after me.

Man, shit was just getting lost but I wasn't going to play Dora and go search for the thing. Ryan picked up my bag and hung it on the small hook inside the pale grey and kind of green locker. I grabbed the skateboard and closed the door.

And when we turned towards the front entrance, I was the one surprised to see Bridget standing there, with a bathroom pass in her hand. She was glaring at me, like I had done something wrong by existing. It made that anger that I put aside, flashed back even more boiled than before. I glared back with narrowed eyes.

She flipped her hair and said, "Evan, I heard you got excused for the rest of that day."

Evan shrugged and Ryan smiled then rolled his eyes. Ryan glanced back at me and mouthed, "Sorry." I shrugged slightly; I didn't care about the hold up. But if the hold up got a problem with me, I'll certainly stick something in her mouth and then beat the living shit out of her. I'm certain her pipe would get held up.

I frowned slightly and leaned against my locker, my body aching to sit down. Evan noticed my movement and glanced at me.

I muttered, "Go ahead, I don't care. I'm fine."

It didn't really look like he believed me, but oh well. He took stared blankly at Bridget but she just continued to smile, that affection back in her eyes. Something moved inside of me and then fired up. I felt anger, but at the same time like something else that I couldn't quite explain. I ignored the feeling and pushed myself to calm down. Inhale, count to five, exhale. I repeated it five times and my anger was back inside its pot.

"Why are you hanging out with that freak? You never hang out with anyone anymore and all of a sudden this new weirdo moves in then you start hanging with her. You're being unfair." Bridget said, a pout in her voice.

Stupid girls, they sounded so goddamn needy, and then calling me a freaking weirdo. My hand gripped the skateboard so hard; it was tingling to throw it at her fucking face. I could already feel my cheeks heating with anger. There was a long silence, Evan just staring at her, a gone yet here look in his eyes. Dammit. The bastard had left Earth like thirty seconds ago.