Chapter 8: I'm Such A Smart Cookie. Admit It

Life wasn't easy when I was with my mother but it was never this painful and confusing. Every since the day I met Evan, things have gotten really bad and my body was getting all of it, even my mind.

There was pain in my body that made me forget who I was. What was Evan doing in life for these dangerous people? Was he a part time high school student and a part time teen titian? But bump up their level and he's going around killing people. Then people are coming at him for revenge. I groaned.

Flashes of the things that have happen in less than 48 hours. It was strange how each one of my days are so eventful, expect for the pain and James and Dalton, I liked it. I never really did anything in my life so it was more exciting then one person might think. How long have I been sleep?

I thought as I drifted in this darkness, my pale skin shining it's own light. What's going on in the outside of my mind? Did I want to find out? If I left this peaceful darkness will jets of pain blow my mind? I couldn't take it. I was tired of the pain that sometimes made me numb. I just wanted to go a day without aching and stinging.

I just guess it wasn't meant to be though. But I wasn't going to be a bitchy girl about it. If this is how it's going to be, I'm can't let it happen. I have to be able to use self-defense and help my own self if people are going to start coming after me. I wasn't going to be weak anymore, just taking the pain like a fucking punching bag.

Hell no. This isn't going to work, not like this. But was I really going to fight back and this is actually Evan's fault? 

How did I feel about that anyway? Evan dragged me into this, just by talking to me. But I kind of did bump into his conversation though; I couldn't help if they were having business meeting in my running path!

Then I did kick that man in the balls and whoever he was, he had people who now knew me and wanted me for some reason. Oh, right. They thought I was a spy for Evan, which was plain stupid.

Do I look like a fucking spy? My damn hair is bright as fuck so how could I spy on people when I'm looking like a goddamn pink power ranger. People are really retarded.

Then Dalton had come after me. He wanted to know what I knew and I told the dumb dip shit that I didn't know anything. Why couldn't motherfuckers just believe me? Was it because of my hair that they thought I was lying about everything? God, they really are seriously petty. People are annoying.

So still, what is going on with Evan? And did I really want to know, could I really take all this pain by getting involved with him? I think the rational thing to do was to stay the hell away from him, but then that might seem like I'm lying and I am actually a spy and by leaving him, I'm watching his back while not seeming to. Or it could be my ticket out of this shit.

Either way, I had to decide what to do. Ryan was pulled into this too; I had seen his eyes make eye contact with mines. What did that mean? What were they doing? Should I ask?

But that were their business and if they told me, I'll have to start telling them about me. And I really wasn't ready to tell someone about my past just yet. So, they have their own private business and I have mines. Good, okay. That's settled.

No matter how curious I am, I won't ask because at the end of the day it'll end badly for me. Plus if more people come, I rather not have to lie and say I don't know anything.

Now back to deciding if I was safe hanging out with Evan. How come Bridget wasn't attacked? Was she ever? Did Evan protect her? That was probably the case, whenever I was getting beat, Evan was there and he never helped me until afterwards.

Wait, wait, what?

What the hell did I just think? That's right! That bastard never helped me out! I can't believe that shit. Now I'm just not going to hang out with the cold son of a bitch. A little voice in the back of my head said something to me and I listened closely.