Chapter 18: You Used a Teddy Bear?

There it was, that pale hand stretching out towards me in the darkness. I stared at it, maybe it was my mother. Maybe she actually cared about me, maybe she wanted to help me. The hand yanked me up to the ground, the pull throwing out the numbness inside of me, replacing it with a raging pain. This wasn't my mother, not this strong hand.

I was pushed hard onto the bed and my eyes nearly closed from the roughness. I squirmed and wiggled, trying to escape out of the room, fear trapping my body as a cold sweat broke out on my forehead. What was going on? My heart was beginning to panic, soaring through until it was throbbing in my throat. My out of control arms were pinned above my head and a cold hand was rubbing on my stomach.

Again, I yelled, my legs kicking out to make contact with anything, something. Desperation and adrenaline was pouring through my aching body but it just wouldn't work. Whoever was on top of me was not letting me go, not if I wanted to stay alive. A white sickened face appeared in the darkness.

Carl.

I feeble scream came out of my throat as I felt his hand fumbling to undo my pants. I strained for my hands to be released, for his hand to leave my body. His rough voice hit me in the face as he dipped his head downward. "Stop struggling bitch."

His lips pressed against my neck and a hard pounding headache struck me as I moved to get away from him. However I knew it was over, the tears stinging to come out. Where was my mother?

I yanked the blankets off me, desperate to let the cold air hit my hot and sweaty skin. That memory, I wasn't supposed to know it, it was supposed to be blocked. Why was it surfacing now? What did I do to deserve this? As I was trying to untangle my legs from the blanket, a loud banging sound made me tumble to the ground. 

Banging my head, my heart began to pick up speed again. Who was it? I struggled to my knees, looking under the bed for something to use as a weapon. The only things underneath it was a few of my old teddy bears and some clothes. I grabbed the hard stuffed teddy bear dog and crawled along the ground until I heard the banging noise again.

Hurriedly, I slide along the wall and yanked the purple curtain back, the glass doors allowing the moon light to shine in, along with a shadow. My hands were shaky as I heard the door sliding open and I gripped the leg of the dog in my hands. Watching the leg, a black combat boot coming in, my eyes were alert though the blood was rushing up to my ears, blocking out all sounds expect for my hammering heart.

As soon as the person's feet was inside, I swung, aiming for their eyes. However the person stepped to the side and my weapon hit the glass window, the hard thing making a thud sound. They turned to me and I stared at the unwelcome person that stood in my room.

James.

"What the hell?" I said, shocked to see him standing right in my room. I dropped my teddy bear in shock and stared at the bastard. "How the hell do you know where I live?"

He stared at me for a minute before a slow smile appeared on his face. He reached down and picked up the teddy bear, the little dog seemed to be unhappy in his hands. I took it and threw it on my bed, crossing my arms over my chest, about to tell him to get out.

He shook his head, stopping me before I could take a deep breath. "Don't start, Kylie. I already know what your going to say."

I let my arms drop down to my side, I was tired and exhausted. Couldn't I just get a break? But I had to say, I didn't have the urge to go back to sleep, not after what had haunted me just seconds ago. Walking back over to my bed, I popped down, staring at James as he walked carefully over to my side, sitting down next to me.