Chapter 28: Where Did The Old Me Go?

There was silence, nothing but silence. But I didn't care anymore, I didn't feel anymore. Even the aching pain that came from the too tightly tied ropes on my wrist didn't faze me. If anything, I strained against the ropes, trying to feel anything. Even pain, that's how desperate I had become.

A liquid tickled down my hands and I gave up, lifting my head up from my knees. My eyes locked with Evans and though I wanted to look away from his intense stare, I couldn't.

Before I realized it, I was speaking, my brain not processing the words when they fell out of my mouth uncontrollably. "So much for working something out. What happened to escaping? What happened to getting out alive? I'm fucking stuck here being his damn whore. Do you think I want to be here? I'll rather kill myself!"

The last sentence flew out at a yell and as I realized that deep down, I wanted to. If it meant I could get away from everything that life continued to throw at my harshly, then I would do it. Something inside of me fluttered, I could escape. I wasn't scared, as I searched for any signs of panic, I came to that realization. I would kill myself, without a second thought.

Maybe it was by the expression on my face that Evan knew right then and there that I was serious. He stared at me before titling his head and saying, "Come untie me, Kylie."

I blinked in surprise and when my brain registered what he had said, I nearly screamed my head off in frustration. That was all he had to say in respond? Did he think I was kidding? My eyes narrowed and the urge to throw my hands up was nearly boiling.

"What is your problem? I just declared that I'll commit suicide and that's your bloody respond?"

Evan shook his head and suddenly he looked very old and very tired. "Just come untie me, Kylie."

"Does that mean you have a plan? What the hell are you going to do?"

He signed, as if I was annoying him and he was talking to a stubborn little sister. "Get up and untie me right now."

"This is really fucking stupid. What are you doing to do? Go all hunk smash and get us out of here? What's your brilliant plan?"

Now, he just looked plain pissed off, his eyes narrowing and his lips drawn in a tight line. "If your done feeling sorry for yourself, than we might get somewhere."

Speechless. That's what I was. I stared at him, really looked at him, and a pang of hurt came through me like a shock wave. "Do you have any idea what I've been through? Do you know how much pain I've suffered and lived through? I deserve to be sad for myself if anything!"

"I warned you! I told you to stay away from me, but you didn't. It was your choice! Everything was your choice, you chose this, you idiot." Evan, I had never seen him loose control of his composure, but right now, his eyes wide with swirling emotions going from sad, hopeful, to anger, and fear. "The Kylie I know, is stronger than the one I'm looking at right now. You've pulled through badder things then this and don't you dare tell me you want to take the easy way out!"

And something lit a match in my stomach and I pressed my lips together tightly. He was right, he was very right. Where did the old me go? She was somewhere inside of me and I just had to find her. The girl who stubbornly got her way, the one with burning determination, the one that set a strong foot into trouble and let it find her. The one who could get them out of the jam they had fixed themselves into.

This girl I've become won't be able to do anything but sob in the corner. And did I not say that I wouldn't become one of those girls? Didn't I declare to be against those types of girls, always whining when it wouldn't help a damn thing. Struggling to my feet, I blinked back ashamed hot tears and stumbled towards Evan, bending down and turning around, I fumbled with the knots.

"So what exactly is your plan?"

I looked over my shoulder at Evan who was giving me a genuine and sexy grin. I flushed as I waited fro his reply. He titled his head, his eyes sparkling with something I've never seen in him before. Adrenaline and determination. I wasn't the only one finding my true self.

"The plan? I was going to stick with running for our lives, running and dodging."

------

Sorry for the small chapter, school and high school entrance exam coming up (This Saturday). Been studying my ass off. So sorry for the late updates, I'm at school right now actually. o.O I'll get a faster update in on what happens next, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed.

-Destiny