Chapter 11: You want who? You want what?

I skated along the sidewalk thinking about what my father had said. I can't believe he really expected me to go to therapy sessions for a whole half a year. Just because of what? I got freaking pink hair? Is he trying to be racist against the color pink? I signed out loud.

Kicking against the sidewalk a little harder, I turned slowly around a corner. The playground came into view first, kids chasing each other and going down the slides. Their joyful screams rang in my ear and I smiled a little.

Was I like that when I was little? An innocent ball of joy that just loved going to the park? But that image didn't seem to match me, maybe I wasn't. I signed as I coasted by, the swings in the far corner swinging aimlessly with the wind.

A few more seconds later and the skate park came into view. I rolled straight for, coming to a stop when I was at the middle of it but still on the sidewalk. It was more people than it was last night.

People wearing all different types of colors, drifting into the air and doing their own special tricks. The trees surrounded the place in a semi circle from where I stood. I got off my skateboard and pressed my foot on the back of the board, causing it to jump towards my leg. I grabbed it with my hand and put it underneath my arm before walking towards the park.

I walked until I was standing at a tree, with a good view of the people. I leaned against it and watched how beautiful everyone seemed to flow like.

"Blazing Pink, welcome back."

I turned only to see James staring at me, his eyes glinting with something I couldn't identify. Already, I was edging away from him, ready to dart if necessary. He didn't come forward anymore than he already was, though if he moved one step with his long legs it might as well have been three.

"What the hell do you want, now?" I hissed at him, my eyes darting behind me.

My best bet was to run start towards the skate park; the more people around and the less he could do to hurt me. I looked him in the eyes, noticing that he had a dark brown one's.

He spread out his arms while he said, "I just wanted to properly meet you. I think the last time we met, things didn't go well."

"Damn straight." I said, glaring at him. That's when I realized something. He sounded old but I could see him in the light now. He had to be at least nineteen from his appearance. James ranked a hand through his hair, pushing the few strands that had gotten out back into their place.

His arms fell back to his side as he titled his head, inching forward a little. In returned, I did a side step and step back, going more towards the skate park. But I did it like I hadn't even noticed my slight turn. I had to make sure he didn't know what I was going or my element of surprise wouldn't work. He couldn't have picked the worst time when I was still injured and I haven't even properly healed yet.

"Your name, its Kylie isn't it?"

I furrowed my brow and said, "Who told you that?"

James smirked, his teeth blindingly white as the sun's rays bounced right of them and shined in my eyes.

"Oh, everyone who saw you play for Raging High. It's buzzing around now."

Now, I signed and watched him closely. "What do you want?"

He came closer and I stepped back, taking the slightest side step to not make it obvious. But his eyes were focused only on mines. "I want you."

Wait. Wait. Wait just a flying biscuit of a minute. What? He wanted whom? He wanted what?

I shook my head and said, "Who are you talking about?" I dared a quick glance behind me and the to my left and right, even though I knew we were alone.