Chapter 13: That's It, I'm Done!

James face lit up as he walked towards me. I couldn't help taking a step back and his smiled dropped a little.

"I know the perfect place." He said, ignoring my step back and walking quickly through up to the sidewalk.

I followed after him, my insides swirling with so much nervousness I wouldn't keep my hands from shaking a little. I wanted to hide that fact from him so I stuffed them in my pockets.

He went straight up to a blue sports car and opened the passenger door.

"My lady." He said with a smirk.

I crossed my arms over my chest and walked towards the seat while I said, "I'm not your anything."

Though my insides jumped when he had did that. He only smiled and closed the door. I watched him walk around to the driver's seat and I put my seatbelt on. As we began to drive to who knows where, he tapped against the steering wheel lightly with his fingers.

"So is Evan your boyfriend?" He asked filling the silence that had flooded us.

I glanced at him, taking in his strong jaw and the serious look on his face. Was he pretending this?

"I think I've made this extremely clear. He's not my boyfriend."

James glanced at me before putting his eyes back on the road. "Do you have feelings for him?"

Now, I took a moment to respond. Did I like Evan in that way? When he was around, I don't know what I felt. I liked hanging out with him and just talking. But did I like in that sort of way? Right now, I really didn't know him.

My wise voice spoke up at the sound of my doubts, 'you think he's hot. You like when he touches you. You also are curious about him. I think you like him'. This time, I had to disagree. I couldn't like him, no way. I don't know him, not much anyways.

I titled my head and thought about it some more. If he asked me out right now, what would I say? 'Yes.' My little voice said in the back. Maybe I was trying to convince myself that I didn't like him because I didn't want to be the girl who fell for a stranger or something.

I didn't want it to be like the girls in the books and movies out in the world. I wasn't going to make the same mistakes as they did. Falling for the popular boy or something like that. Evan certainly wasn't popular, or a jock, or a nerd. Could he even be categorized as one of the many Society stereotypes? All I knew for sure he fell under was freaking 'hot'. I swear once I get home I am going to Google the definition of hot. He will definitely fit it perfectly.

Okay, was I categorized? I wasn't that much of a nerd that I didn't know about anything in the world, that I didn't know how it worked. But I guess I would go under 'average'. I still hadn't figured out if I liked him or not. It was clear he didn't like me, always having that emotionless look. Then again at the MC Club, he showed that he actually cared, asking me what was wrong and stuff. And he's hot.

Please, just let me go back to him being smoking hot! Damn, he gave me shivers when he wasn't even with me.

'Bam! See, you like him. Stop trying to find an excuse. You're still a girl at the end of the day. You can like him, stop being a chicken.' The voice in the back of my head exclaimed.

"I guess." I finally replied, looking at James for his reaction. A sad smile came on his face.

"I expected as much." He said, not taking his eyes off the road, stopping at a stoplight.

There was silence in the car and I couldn't help but to ask, "So what exactly is Evan doing? You know the dangerous stuff."

I was curious. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, going through someone else's business without their permission. But I needed to know if something could happen to me, to my life. Not like it wasn't already going back downhill, why not mess it up some more? Though, curiosity always gets me into trouble on the rare days I was interested enough about something.