Chapter 30: You Kissed This Imbecile

"I think we should jump."

"Are you on crack?"

"Was that a rhetorical question?"

"What do you think, you imbecile?"

"You kissed this imbecile."

"That is totally off the topic. I am not, in no fucking way, jumping this damn thing."

Evan couldn't help for the grin to appear on his face at my words. "I missed you, you know, this part of you."

"Took a lot of damn digging to get her out. If you don't get me out of this damn place the other might return." I said sharply, leaning most of my weight on Evan. My vision continued to blur in and out without my permission and my insides swirled with so many emotions the my head banged in compliant. My legs had gone to sleep and the needles pinged up in my aching thighs causing me to stumble more than I could actually walk.

He glanced at me, his beautiful and mysterious eyes danced and gleamed with concern and worry. I tried to give him an encouraging smile but it wouldn't appear. I don't think I'll ever be able to smile again after this, ever. The only thing that kept me going was the jumping feeling of floating from the passionate kiss Evan had given me, which I had gladly returned.

But with all the rejections he's given me over our time together, I'm uneasy with really being in a relationship with him. Wait, what was I thinking? We had never discussed or agreed on the boyfriend and girlfriend thing. Why was I even thinking about this right now? There are way more important things to be discussing, like how the hell where we supposed to get across?

After exiting from what had been the bathroom there was a long, gray and dirty walled hallway, that only went straight. Going down it, we came to a break in the floor that reached out like five feet. It dropped down to about, when Evan spit in the large hole thing, approximately 13.6 seconds. Dangerous much? How the hell did Carl cross this shit to get to us? Or did he even cross it, maybe there's some other way.

Just as I was about to explore the subject some more, Evan interrupted my thoughts and we started up again.

"I really do think we should jump this."

"Look motherfucker, you might have a death wish but I honestly don't want to die this way. There has to be another way, because Carl sure as hell didn't jump this shit."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Don't question me. Just some gut feeling"

"You have a gut?"

I glared at him, his face was scrunched up with concentration and he wasn't even looking at me, instead he was looking at our surroundings. Still I replied, sucking in his handsome face and the cute way his nose scrunched together when he was thinking extremely hard.

"For you information, I don't have a gut. I can't believe you would think I did. Stop changing the subject, what the hell are we about to do?"

He glanced at me, his eyes shining with the determination that I didn't have anymore. What happened there? Did we switch personalities or some shit? This is too crazy and the inner girl inside of me was pissed. Why? Because he was the tough on in this situation and I was the weak, pathetic girl. What the fuck?

Maybe it was selfish of me but I wanted to be the strong one, not him. My heart thumped harder as a feeling swelled up right in there. I was being to feel more like my reckless and brave self. But there still a part of me, a weaker part of me, that wanted to cower away and let life do what it wanted to do with me. Then there was the other part of me that wanted to overcome this, just tackle what ever was thrown at me and run forth.

It felt like I was split into two and my brain crackled like fire and a dizzy spell fell over me in a second. I closed my eyes but it only made it worst and stronger. Barely noticeable, somebody gripped my hand tightly.

It comforted me and before suddenly it was slipped away from me. My eyes open wide as I saw Evan's shocked face as he fell forward and into what seemed to play in slow motion. I reached out numbly, grabbing hold on the back of his shirt and the hurriedly gripping his wrist. My arms strained as I bit on the bottom of my lip in frustration.

"So you two found a way out."

A familiar voice was behind me and I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. Carl's evil daughter, the one I thought had been scared away. Jordan, her voice was slightly trembling but otherwise firm as ever. Evan's foot slipped on the edge of the hole and went down, me dragging to keep him up. I leaned over the hole, gripping his right wrist as tightly as I could, the scratches on my wrist opened up again and blood streamed and trickled down them lightly. I winced at the stinging as the same dizzy spell from before came over me.

The other girl inside of me, the one that trembled in fear, disappeared completely and left as if it was never there. Something fired up in the deep darkness, right in the center of my mind. It flickered dangerously, coming head strong, and suddenly I felt like I didn't give a fuck anymore. I was going to do what I had to do to get me, Evan, the hell up out of this place. I didn't care what it took to do it. It burned through me like an ignited fire and it was like I was a completely different person.

"Jordan, I swear to God, I will fucking kill you. Right now, if you don't stop acting like your in control of everything. Even your father doesn't love you, did you not notice that fact smartass?"

A cold object touched my spine and I knew it was instanely, just hours ago I had seen one being pointed at Evan. My back went rigid but otherwise, I was unaffected. My emotions dwindled away until they were nearly nonexistent and my insides hardened like a steel ball. Evan was staring at me, as if trying to communicate a silent conversation with me. I shook my head just slightly, I had no clue of what he was telling me.

"Let go." He whispered. "I got a plan."

I shook my head again, my body slipping forward on the floor as my hands went like butter. "Last time you said that, you didn't actually have one."

He smirked, he actually smirked at me as if this was the type of situation where you do that. What the hell was his problem? "Don't you trust me?"

A fire, it was lit up in my throat.I bent down as he titled his head up and kissed him on the lip, straining my neck to make contact with his. Then I lifted and said, "Of course I do, you imbecile. You fall, I'm falling with you."

His eyes widened but it was too late, still gripping his wrist I thrust myself off the edge of the floor and went tumbling into the dark. The last thing I hard was Jordan's piercing and pain filled scream.

---

Why did it take so long for me to update this?? OMG I had this wholeee chapter written out and the computer deleted it so I had to REWRITE it completely. This sucked sorry and I'll update a bit quicker cause the ending of this book is VERY close. :):)

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you liked it! (Guess what? I got my test results back on my high school entrance exam got a 97 out of 99. YAY!!! Celebrate! xD)

-Destiny