Chapter 12: SPECIAL CHAPTER.

You know guys, before I head off to my Grandma's house I want to leave you with an awesome and special chapter to this Novel. I want to leave you with something you can remember and this, I think will never let you forget. I'm going to put this chapter in Evan's point of view. Yes, yes. You heard me right! Here we go...

------

Evan's POV...

My phone rang on the coffee table a few inches in front of me. I stared at the vibrating thing and say, Dexter's name on the caller ID. What did he want? I continued to stare at the phone, trying to will it to me without having to move from my comfortable spot on the couch. Signing when it didn't work, I sat aside my plate of pancakes and reached for the phone.

"Hello?" I asked flatly, a little annoyed that my breakfast for dinner was so rudely interrupted. I sat back and grabbed the remote, turning down the loud television and the sounds of Jeff and Audrey having a funny talk about babies.

Man, I was going to miss a few episodes of Rules of Engagement talking to Dexter. He owed me, big time for this.

"Hey, I have something to tell you. Are you sitting down?" Dexter said, his voice all serious. A little too serious.

Now, I put the show on mute and said, "What?"

"Dude, are you sitting down or not?" Dexter insisted.

"Yes." I replied, staring at the television screen as Audrey raced out of the kitchen and Jeff grabbed two glasses of wine before going after her. In the living room, Jeff's birthday party was going on...

"James and Kylie are in a relationship." Dexter said, extremely fast.

My brain was slow to process each one of his words. Then my mind just went blank, nothing.

"Why are you calling me to tell me this?"

I heard Dexter sign. "Because you totally got the hots for her, man."

Now I felt something in my stomach, laughter. "I don't know her."

"And?" Dexter said.

"I don't like someone I don't know." I replied, leaning back a little more on the couch, grabbing my plate of pancakes.

"What if I told you, they're going on a date right now." Dexter's voice getting all jumpy and excited.

"I'll say 'Whatever'." I paused and then said, "Whatever."

Silence from the other end came from the phone and I started to cut my pancake into half. Man, I was seriously hungry and Dexter was ruining my day. Not like it was even great from the beginning. As soon as I had gotten home my mother made me clean the whole house and then cook dinner for her.

Finally Dexter spoke, "Dude, that's bloody cold. Kylie's doing it for you, idiot."

"I didn't ask her too." I said with a flat tone, trying to figure out what his point was.

"Are you dense? I spied on them. She's trying to figure out what's going. You know, your past and this business that you've been doing. She's risking her safety just to know you. Man, you really need to catch up with the modern day." Dexter mumbled the last part, but I could still hear him.

I sat aside my pancakes and stood up. I think I was seriously going to regret but then breathed out the words, "Where is the date?"

Dexter laughed. "I knew you had it in you. They're going to a fancy restaurant called Ellie's Best."

I hung up the phone and stuffed it in my back pocket. I walked down the hallway, grabbing the car keys of a small hanger before opening the door and closing it behind me.