Ch.3

~Alyssa's POV~

I give Mrs. May some fresh blue berries for some yarn. Mrs. May is an old lady but very sweet. She had wrinkles and blue eye.

"Thank you, girl.'' she says smiling.

I smile and look at this mocking jay pin.

"Oh that's beautiful! How much?" I say/ask.

"Keep it. It's yours.'' she says smiling.

I smile and grab it.

"Thank you.'' I say, leaving and going home.

I get home and see Prim and Katniss fixing their hair. Katniss in our moms blue dress she used to wear and Prim in my old light blue dress.

"Hey.'' I say, smiling.

"Hey. Thanks for waiting for me.'' Katniss says.

"Sorry.'' I say.

I leave the room and take a bath. I scrub all the dirt and sweat off my body. After a while I get out the freezing cold water. I get dressed in my moms light pink dress she used to wear when she went to the reaping. [polyvore]

"Are you guys ready?'' I ask.

"Yea lets go.'' Prim says, scared.

"Oh Prim. I got you something.'' I say kneeling down so we are face-to-face. I hand her the pin and pin it to her dress. "As long as you have it, nothing bad will happen to you.'' I say, smiling.

She smiles and we leave. We walk to Gale's house first, since he lives right across the street from us. I walk up to the door and knock. He opens the door and hugs me.

"You look beautiful.'' he whispers in my ear.

I blush and smile. He walks up to Prim and hugs her. He lets go of Prim and hugs Katniss like he would never see her again. I smile slightly and they stop hugging. Gale holds Prims' hand and we walk to Peeta's house. I knock on the door and he answers. He smiles, then hugs me then kisses me.

"Its gonna be ok Lys.'' he mumbles on my lips.

I breath in a deep breath and pull back. I smile sadly and he grabs my hand. We walk to Cammies' house and her mom said that she already left with Josh, her boyfriend. I smile and nod and we walk to the reaping. We get to the reaping and Prim stops and we look at her.

"Prim it's going to be ok I promise.'' I say hugging her.

She sighs and nods. I smile and look at Peeta. He smiles slightly and pecks my lips.

"See ya soon.'' he says.

Gale hugs us and they go to the boys side. They prick my finger and stings a little.

"Go ahead.'' the peacemaker says in a not so nice voice.

I walk over to Cameron and Katniss stands on the other side of her. Prim goes with her age group and they all hold hands. I frown slightly. I look over at Gale and he is looking at me.

'It's gonna be ok.'' he mouths.

I sigh and nod. He smiles then Effie walks up with her pale face with her purple outfit and purple lips. Her wig falling off her head. Cammie, Katniss, and I giggle.

"Welcome, Welcome. To the 74th annual Hunger Games, and my the odds be ever in you favor. Now before we began we have a very special film all the way from the capitol.'' she says as the video that we see every year comes on.

The video ends and Katniss, Cammie, and I all hold hands.

"Ladies first!" she says, walking over to the big bowl full of names of the girls in the capitol.

I try to control my breathing as she pulls one out. I bite my lip and grip Cammies' hand tighter. Effie walks back to the microphone and reads the name.

"Primrose Everdeen.''