Ch. 20

This chapter is Dedicated to scsoccer12

~Alyssa's POV~

I sigh and shake my head. What if he does like me? What if it was a set up?

I hear a cannon and I stop Breathing

"PEETA!?" I yell running and getting tears in my eyes "PEETA?!"

"LYS!?" I hear

I run to the voice and see Peeta. I look and see he's holding night lock. I slap his hand away.

"THATS'S NIGHT LOCK PEETA!" I yell with tears going down my face. "YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH!"

I hug him and he hugs back.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry." He wispers.

He wips my taers away and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry." he whispers again

I sigh and nod. We walk around the bush and I see Foxface.

"Wow.I thought She'd last longer." I say

Peeta nods. We walk back to the tree.

"You climb first." He wispers.

I nod and climb up. Peeta climbs up after me. We sit down.

"So did you get anything?" Petta asks.

"No. Sorry." I reply

"It's cool. We should find water though." Hey states and i nod.

We climb down and start to walk around. I hear a stick crack and we stop walking. I grab my bow and an arrow and get it ready. I look around and see a shadow behind a tree. I walk towards it. I look behind the tree and see Rue. I put my bow facing the ground.

"Hey Rue." I say smiling.

"Hi" she answers 

"Have you been following us?" I ask.

"Yes." she wispers blushing.

"Would you like to stay with us?" I ask smiling.

"Sure." she replys smiling."Have you found water yet im really thirsty."

"We'er looking now." I say.

I grab her hand. I walk towards Peeta and he takes Rue's other hand. We start swinging her back and forth making her giggle. I smile. Then I hear a rush of water. I smile wider and look at Petta. We rush toward the sound. There it is... a river. We got it. We fill up our water bottles.

"So it takes about 30 minuts to purify so lets go wash off. Rue you clean up first. I'll go hunt and Peeta keep watch." I say,Handing both of them a knife.

They nod. I walk off. I see a weird looking bird. I smile, hopefully it's eatable. I grab an arrow and pull it back. It shoots the bird in it's eye. I smile and start to start to walk to it. I'm about to grab the bird when I get slamed into a tree behind me.

"PEETA!" I scream but a hand goes over my mouth.

I bite the persons hand, I think i'ts a boy, but I'm not sure. They pull their hand away. I push them away and start to run I hear foot steps behind me, I look and see a figure. It's a boy who is really muscular. I run into something and fall. I look behind me and see anything i look back to see Peeta I sigh and hug hi,.

"Alyssa!? Are you ok!? I-I herad you scream!" Peeta rushes.

"I-I'm fine." I whisper.

"LOOK OUT!" I hear Rue yell. I grab my bow and turn to see Marvel and Luke.

I pull my bow back and Marvel throws his spear. I move over and shoot the arrow. It hits him staight in his heart. He falls to the ground and I hear a cannon. Luke stares at me doing nothing.

"Why did you join them Luke?" I ask.

"I dont know, But I don't want to." He says.

"You can stay I guess." I say.

"Alysa!?" I hear Peeta yell

I turn and see Rue with the spear in her chest , blood all around it. I gasp and run to her. I hold her and sit on the ground. The guys gather anound me while I cry.

"Y-you,re o-ok y-you'll be fine." I whisper.

"Lys, she's not-" Peeta starts but i glare at him.

"C-can you sing, my mom used to when I couldnt sleep." Rue asks, looking at me.

I nod and start to sing. I dont like to sing but for Rue I'd do anything.( Play the song now)

"All around me are familiar faces 

Worn out places, Worn out faces 

Bright and early for the daily races 

Going no where, Going no where 

Their tears are filling up their glasses 

No expression, No expression 

Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow 

No tomorrow, No tomorrow 

And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad 

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had 

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take 

When people run in circles its a very very 

Mad world, Mad world 

Children waiting for the day they feel good 

Happy birthday, Happy birthday 

And I feel the way that every child should 

Sit and listen, Sit and listen 

Went to school and I was very nervous 

No one knew me, No one new me 

Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson 

Look right through me, Look right through me 

And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad 

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had 

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take 

When people run in circles its a very very 

Mad world, Mad world 

Enlarging your world 

Mad world"

I hera a cannon with the last word I sing. I look at Rue and kiss her Forehead.

"Good bye, Rue." I whisper.