Ch.21

~Alyssa's POV~

"Goodbye Rue."

She's gone. The cute 12 year old girl is gone. I could've saved her. I shouldn't have moved. The spear should be in my chest, not hers. I should be dead not her not Rue. I get tears in my eyes. They pour down my face. I break the spear and throw it. I pull on my hair. I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist.

"Shh, Lys, it's ok." Peeta whispers in my ear.

I turn and dig my head in his chest. I curl up on his lap.

"It's all my fault." I repeat over and over again.

"No it's not Lys." Peeta says.

I wipe my tears away and look up at Peeta. he smiles slightly. I stand up and grab some flowers. I put them all around her and Put some in her hair.I kiss her cheek and stand back up. Peers grabs my hand and smiles at me. I smile back slightly. We walk away so they can pick up Rues body.

~Cato's POV~

"Marvel and Luke are taking forever!" Glimmer ground.

I roll my eyes.

"Just be quiet and wait!" Clove snaps.

Glimmer rollsher eyes and sighs. she scoots closer to me. I roll my eyes and look at her.She smiles and scoots closer. I move away from her and Clove laughs. I smile at her. I hear a canoon.

"That's the third cannon they kiiled somone else!" Glimmer says

I don't really pay attention though. I look at my ahnd and see teeth marks. I wish she was mine. That hurt when she bite my hand though.  I feel someone grab my hand and pull it towards them. I look up and Clove.

"Are these bite marks?" She asks, smirking.

"Um y-yea."I say thinking of how it happend.

"Is it from 12?" She says once again smirking.

"Oh shut up." I say pulling away my hand.

She laughs and I roll my eyes. It's dark and Luke and Marvel aren't here yet. I look in the sky for the deaths Today three people died, Firts we see Marvel, wait , what!? How did he die!? Then the girl we all call foxface, then Rue. I kinda of feel bad that Rue had to come into these games. It's horrible that kids that younge have to come. Yes I can be a softy sometimes!

"I wonder how Marvel died." Clove says.

"There's only 9 of us left." I say

"Who?" Clove asks.

"Us, Luke and the girl tribute, girl from 6, Thresh, Alyssa and Peeta." I say

"Wait didn't we kill the girl from six, the one with the fire?" Glimmer asks

"No that was 10." Clove awnsers

"Oh.' Glimmer says

"I'm going to go hunt." I say 

They nod and I stand up. I'm really going to find Alyssa. I hear a giggle. Alyssa. Only Alyssa would giggle in these games. I follow it and see she's with Peeta and Luke.

"I told you it was going to be fine." Peeta says

"Yea but I still miss her. I wish-" She starts but Peet cuts her off.

"Ok no more talking about that." He says

"Ok." Aylssa replay.

"We should get some sleep." Luke says

"Ok, I'll take first watch." Alyssa says

They climb a tree.

"Lys, can you sing to us? Your voice is amazing." Luke says

"Sure." She says smiling. ( Play music now.)