Ch. 5

~Alyssa's POV~

I sit in the small room. The ugly red sofa that is really uncomfortable. My door burst open and I see Katniss, Prim, and Mom. Prim, who's pouring down crying, runs to me and hugs me tight just as the door slams closed by a peacekeeper.

"Please try to win.'' she says and I nod.

She gives me the mocking Jay pin.

"To keep you protected.'' she says as I grab it.

I kiss her cheek. After she lets go Katniss hugs me.

"I'm so sorry. I should of volunteered-'' she starts but I cut her off.

"No.'' I say bluntly and she sighs and nods.

She lets go and I get up and hug my mom.

"I love you. Please try to come back.'' she says.

I nod and the peacekeepers come in and pulls my family away. I frown and sit back down.

Next Cammie comes in and she hugs me.

"Come back please.'' she says.

"I'll try my hardest.'' I say.

She is now crying and she hugs me tighter. We stay like silent until the Peacekeepers come and get her. Next Gale comes in and hugs me.

"Gale-'' I start but he cuts me off.

"Shh.'' he shushes, still hugging me.

I nod and dig my head into his chest.

"You can win. I know you can. You have to come back.'' he says.

I look at him, with tears in my eyes.

"I can't win Gale!'' I say.

He shakes his head and closes his eyes, tightly. He opens his tear filled eyes.

"Yes you can. Use knives and a bow.'' he says still hugging me.

"Gale everyone knows I won't w-'' I start but he cuts me off by smashing his lips to mine.

My eyes go wide and push him back.

"WTF GALE!?'' I yell.

"I'm sorry, I had to though.'' he says looking down.

I frown.

"Don't you like Katniss?'' I ask.

He shrugs and looks at me.

"Lys-'' he starts but a peacekeeper comes in.

Gale runs to me and kisses me again. The peacekeeper pulls him off me and shoves him out the room. I sigh, still confused. A little while later a Peacekeeper comes in and takes me away. We walk out the building and I see Gale next to the train. We get to the train and I look at Gale. He smiles slightly and so do I. As I pass him he brushes hands with mine. We get in and I look out the window and see Gale still looking at me.

'I love you' he mouths.

I smile, hoping he meant as a friend.

'I love you, too.' I mouth.

He smiles, sadly and the train takes off. I look at the ground and I feel someone sit next to me and kiss my cheek. I look and see Peeta. I smile slightly and he hugs me.

"I love you, Lys.'' he says.

I smile and he kisses me. I can't help but think about Gale.

Why would he kiss me? Everyone knows he likes Katniss!