Ch.4

~Alyssa's POV~

My breath get shallow as Prim walks very slowly to the middle. I bite my lip and look at Peeta and Gale. They look at us and I run to the middle. I look at Peeta again and he is crying, knowing Prim can't go and I'm going to volunteer. I hold my breath.

"I volunteer!".

Everyone looks at me. I run to Prim and hug her.

"Prim go.'' I say, getting up to walk to the stage.

"NO NO YOU CANT GO!" Prim yells until Gale grabs her and brings her to my mom.

"NO NO NOOOOOOOO ALYSSA NOO!" I can Prim yell behind me.

I walk on stage next to the big haired freak. She smiles at me, but I just look out into the crowd. First at Cammie and Katniss. Next at Peeta and he is still crying. He looks at me and mouths something but I couldn't understand.

"Now, what's your name?" Effie asks.

"Alyssa Everdeen.'' I say as she puts the mic in front of my face.

"Well I bet my hat that was your sister, wasn't it.'' she asks, in her annoying, cheery capitol voice.

"Yes.'' I say still looking out into the crowd.

"Lets give a big hand to Alyssa, our first volunteer.'' she says, clapping but she is the only one.

One little girl kisses 3 fingers and raises it up her 3 fingers, everyone else following.

"Now for the boys.'' she says walking over to the boys bowl.

She pick one really fast, probably mad at what our District just did. She walks back over to the microphone and reads it.

"Peeta Mellark.'' she says.

Perfect just perfect -_-

He bites his lip and walks up.

"Well go on you two, shake hands.'' Effie says.

I take Peeta's hand and he squeezes it. I smile slightly and we get rushed away. This is just great first I volunteer and now I have to fight to the death with my boy friend great