Chapter 2: Strangers

Chapter 3: Strangers

Danielle’s POV

*Click Click* “What the heck” *Click Click* I turned on the lamp next to my bed and looked at the clock. 3:23 am. “I swear, if this place is haunted…” I looked around to see where the source of my lack of sleep was and it seemed to be coming from the door. Is someone trying to break in? There’s not much I could use to protect myself since the place is half empty. *Click Click* I went to my dresser where I kept all my beauty supply items to see what I can find, and my eyes feel on my hair spray. Maybe I can use this like mace. I picked it up and went over to the door, and switched the lights off. *Click Click* The lock clicked two more times before the door opened and someone stepped in. I let them get a couple feet in front of me before I switched on the light and held the spray in shooting mode. “If you don’t move, you won’t get sprayed. Now who are you, and what do you want?”

“Well, I’m Sky, and I’m your new roommate.” She turned around, and for the first time I noticed the luggage she was carrying.

“Oh.” I started to feel bad about assuming she was a perpetrator. “Well in that case, I’m Dani.” I reached out my hand and she shook it. “Well I guess that’s your bed over there. So… Yup.” She went over to the bed and sat down the luggage she had, while I went over to my bed and sat criss-cross on top. I surveyed my new roommate and to be honest, she’s very pretty. With curly brown hair, light skin, and very pretty brown eyes, I predict the guys here are going to be all over her.

“You can go back to sleep if you want. Sorry I woke you up.”

“No, it’s cool. You need some help unpacking?”

“No, I got it. I’m just taking out the necessities for bed, and doing the rest in the morning.” She pulled out 2 sheets and a comforter from her suitcase and prepped her bed. “So tell me, if I were someone breaking in, what would you have done with a can of hair spray?”

I laughed at her question because in all honestly, I didn’t know. “I don’t know, maybe hit you over the head with the can, or spray you in the face. It wouldn’t be that effective, but it’d be effective enough.” She laughed and climbed under the covers on her bed. “You know, I’m not too comfortable sleeping in the same room with a total stranger. How do I know you’re not going to try and kill me in my sleep? And who moves in to their dorm at 3:30 in the morning anyway?”

“Well, my flight got cancelled, and it took a long time for me to find a different time.”

“Oh okay. So where are you from?”

“Canada.”

“Oh wow. That’s far.” I climbed under my covers under my bed and turned off the lamp next to my bed.

“And don’t worry about me trying to kill you in your sleep. I’m too tired.” I laughed at her comment and turned over in my bed so my back was facing her. This girl seems pretty nice. We’ll be friends in no time. Right then I started to think about Jaden. Will he ever remember me? I sighed to myself and nodded off to sleep. I guess only time will tell.

~Later That Day~

Its 9:28 and I have to be in class in 2 minutes. I’m running the halls of the building trying to find my classroom. Okay, 612, 613, 614, my class should be next. I stopped at the next class, and the door read 616. “What? Where is Room 615? Maybe I passed it.” I turned to go back and before I could even see anything, I bumped into someone and dropped all my stuff. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” I looked up and saw that I had bumped into none other than Jaden Smith.

“It’s ok. I wasn’t look- - Wait, you’re that girl from Urth yesterday. You know you should watch where you’re going, stranger. We both could’ve gotten really hurt.”

Did I just hear him right? Did he just say I should watch where I’m going? “Umm, I think you were just about to say you weren’t looking where you were going so, maybe you should take your own advice.” Right as I finished my sentence I heard the bell ring. “Thanks, now I’m late.” I bent down to get my stuff off the floor and he did as well. “I don’t need your help.”

“Yeah, but you look lost so I’m helping you anyway.” He took my schedule and stood up. “615.That’s my class too, it’s right back here.” He held out his hand to help me up, but I refused and got up on my own. “Ok then. Follow me.” We walked a couple doors down and Jaden opened the door for me to step in. “Ladies, first.”

I walked in and all eyes turned towards me. The professor turned as well and he did not look happy. “Ms. Summers, I presume? You’re late.”

“Y-Yes, I know, I-I’m sorry I was just-‘’

“She was with me.” Jaden up stepped behind me. “I was just showing her around campus and lost track of time. Sorry Prof.”

“Well, you two can sit together over there since you’re such great friends.” He pointed to a small table on the left side of the room with 2 empty seats. “Go on, you’re prolonging my class.”

“Sure, Prof.” Jaden pulled my hand and lead me to the seat.

Once we got to the table, I sat down and the professor resumed talking. “You know, I can walk on my own.”

“Yeah, but you were taking too long.” I shot him a look and he sat in his own seat, knowing I didn’t like what he just said. About a minute later, he leaned over and whispered, “Summers, huh? So what’s your first name?” I didn’t answer. “Okay, stranger. I’ll find out.” He leaned back over and stared at me for a while before finally giving his attention to the professor.

This is going to be a long year.