Chapter 28: M.I.A

Oct 11th

Danielle’s POV

I was sitting at my computer looking up songs I could do with Tyler to turn in for my project. I saw a few songs I was interested in, but there wasn’t totally sure about any. As a matter of fact, I wasn’t totally sure about Tyler either… Though I’m sure he’s a totally cool guy, he kind of scares me. The way he looks at me makes me uneasy, and I don’t know how this project is going to work if I can’t be comfortable around him. I sat back leaning on the headboard of my bed.

“I wonder how Chresanto is doing.” I said to myself. I reached over to the dresser beside my bed and grabbed my phone, dialing Chresanto’s number.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey, Chres, what’s up?”

“Nothing. Working on this project Mr. Keller has us doing.”

“Oh really? Have you decided what collab you’re doing?”

“Yeah, Princeton and I are doing ‘M.I.A.’ by Omarion.”

“Wow, you’re working fast. Princeton is the one with the big fro right?”

“Yup… If you want I’ll text you directions to the studio, and you can stop by.”

“That would be perfect. Maybe I can steal your ideas.”

He laughed through the phone. “Okay. See you soon.”

“Bye.” I ended the call, and started getting dressed. I put on my black ripped skinny jeans, a MSFTS hoodie, a black beanie, black vans, shades, and a black scarf with white skulls to complete my outfit. Grabbing my keys and my phone, I headed out the door to my car. I entered the address Chresanto texted me, and in 20 minutes or so I was at the recording studio.

“Hey, Chres.” I said hugging him.

“Hey. Glad you could make it. These are the guys, Jacob and Ray.” He said, introducing the other guys in the room.

“Alright Roc,” Ray said, “You and Prince get in the booth and lets lay down this track.” The two entered the sound booth, and Ray and I sat at the controls.

“Take 1.” Ray began to play the track, and the Chresanto started singing.

Halfway through the song I felt my phone vibrate from an unknown number calling. Exiting the room, I answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey, cutie.” The voice was very distinct.

“Tyler?”

“Yep. What up?”

“How’d you get my number?”

“I have my connections… But hey, that doesn’t matter. What are we going to do about this song?”

“Well, I haven’t made up my mind… But I’m a studio right now if you want to meet me here. Maybe we could find some inspiration.”

“You always inspire me… But ok. Text me where.”

“Uhh, ok.” I ended the call, and walked back in the room.

“Who was that?” Ray asked.

“My collab partner… Do you mind that I invited him?”

“No not at all.”

“How was that Ray?” Chresanto asked walking out of the booth with Jacob.

“Good, but I think you can do better. We’ll do another take in a few.”

“Alright.” Chresanto replied, plopping on the couch beside me. I was staring off in a daze when he placed his hand on my shoulder, bringing me back. “You okay?”

“Should I be concerned that Tyler has my number without me even giving it to him?” I asked.

“Umm… Maybe.”

“He’s on his way… Is it just me or is he like really creepy? I don’t know, I just- I don’t like how he looks at me.” I crossed my arms.

“It’s okay. He probably just thinks you’re cute.”

“Maybe…” I said, still unsure. “Just make sure we’re never left alone.”

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “I’m here for you.”

About 15 minutes passed until Tyler was here. He greeted all the guys as they went back into the booth, and sat beside me on the couch. “Hey cupcake. How you doing?”

“Fine.” I scooted over on the couch creating more space between us. “So, do you have any suggestions for a song?”

He scooted back over closing the space I created. “Actually, yeah. What if we do ‘Perfect Harmony’ by Keke Palmer and Max Schneider?”

“I like that song.” I quickly stood from the couch, and walked to Ray on the sound controls. “Hey, do you think Tyler and I could record a bit? Just to see how we sound.”

“Yeah, of course. I have a feeling this will be the boy’s last take. You guys can go right after them.”

“Okay, thanks.” I turned around and saw Tyler wasn’t sitting on the couch anymore. I looked around the the room and my eyes set on him at the door, signaling for me to follow him. Against my better judgement, I did. “What?” I asked closing the door behind me.

“Mr. Keller told me when Chresanto got here, you guys were friends instantly. Why do you act so… Awkward with me? Like you’re scared.”

“I don’t know, I don’t mean to, I- I just… You kind of throw me off. Sometimes you just look kind of creeperish. And the fact you’re dating Stella doesn’t make it any better.”

“Well I’m sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, but if you want a good grade, we’re going to have to be in sync on this track. And if it adds points, Stella and I aren’t really dating. She just said that to make you mad, and paid me to go along with it. So, If you don’t mind, we can start over.” He held out his hand for a handshake.

“Okay.” I shook his hand, and we entered back into the studio. We stood beside Ray in front of the controls, and I saw Chresanto sending me a concerned look. I nodded letting him know everything was okay. He slightly smiled back, and began singing.

~*~

A/N:

SURPRISE CHAPTER!!!!!! Bet you didn’t see that coming. Ps. When I put dates on the chapters, that’s just so I can keep up with time in the book. They usually aren’t anything significant. Also, a picture of Tyler is to the side, and M.I.A music video is also.

So did you like it? What did you think of Tyler? Do you like him? Do you think his truce was for real? Did you like him before? Comment and let me know. Please vote as well, and don’t forget to share:)