Chapter 36: Road to Recovery

Danielle’s POV

“Tyler?”

“Hey, Danielle.” He smiled.

I stood there frozen, not able to even move, staring at Tyler standing at the beginning of the walkway to the door. My heart was beating hard and fast, and I thought it’d beat right out of my chest. I didn’t know what to say, or how to even react to his sudden appearance. When my brain finally began to function, only one thing came to mind. Protect myself. I picked up a brick that was surrounding Jada’s flower bed, holding it in a defensive stance. “What are you doing here?”

He took steps forward. “I just came--”

“Don’t move any closer!” I yelled. “I swear I will kill you.”

“No, you don’t understand.” He stepped closer.

“Don’t test me Tyler!” I yelled gripping the brick tighter.

“Alright.” He lifted his hands in the air, backing away. I loosened my grip on the brick, but I still didn’t let my guard down. “I just came to talk.”

“That’s what you said last time.”

“Dani?” I heard Jaden’s voice. He came to the door looking at me, then Tyler, then me, then Tyler again. “What the hell is going on here?” He asked standing in between Tyler and I. Neither of us answered. He looked at me and saw the worry, fear, and anger in my expression, then looked to Tyler. “You’re the guy from the club, right?”

“Yeah. Hey.” He waved.

“What are you doing here? And Dani, why are you holding a brick?”

“She’s scared I’m going to hurt her.” Tyler answered. “I just came to apologize. Danielle, I’m sorry, for everything. You were trying to be a friend, and I took it too far. I had to spend a week in jail, and then they said you decided not to press charges. I’ve definitely learned my lesson.”

I stood speechless, dropping the brick to my feet. That couldn’t be the end of it. After all the hassle, and everything that he’s caused, does he really think that’s the end?

Jaden looked at the both of us confused. “Someone tell me what’s going on!” He demanded. I shook my head, not being able to find the words to explain what was going on because even I didn’t know. “Who are you?!”

Tyler sighed holding out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Tyler."

Jaden stood frozen, much like I was. "T- Tyler?" Now realizing exactly who he was, Jaden's expression turned from confused to angry. "You need to leave." He said sternly.

"With all due respect man, I can't leave-- I won't leave until Dani says she forgives me."

"Excuse me?" Jaden said, walking closer to Tyler. "You sexually assault my girlfriend, damn near rape her, and you want forgiveness?" Jaden grabbed him by the collar, lifting him off the ground. "You don't deserve forgiveness!" He threw him to the ground and lifted his fist.

"Jaden!" He stopped and looked at me. I walked over and pulled him away from Tyler who was cowering in fear. "Calm down. You have way more to loose, and he's not worth your career. Go get the boys, and I'll handle things." He looked between me and Tyler, contemplating what he should do. "Go on. Just, make it quick." Jaden walked back in the house, and I could hear his footsteps running upstairs and him calling for the guy's help.

"You might want to quickly say what you really want. They'll be back in less than a minute." I said sternly.

"I'm here for forgiveness, just like I said. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm not trying to become best friends, or take you away from Jaden. I just want you to say you forgive me, and I'll be out of your hair forever." He started scratching his head nervously, and to be totally honest, he sounds pretty sincere to me.