Chapter 42: Deceived

Jaden's POV

I sat in bed with my arms wrapped around Dani's sleeping body. She smiled in her sleep, and occasionally a brief chuckle slipped out. I ran my fingers through her curls, just thinking about us together. We've been together a little over a year... It's hard to believe that I'd just won her back only 2 months ago because it feels like it's been forever since I lost her in the first place.

I heard a knock on the door, bringing me out of my daze. The door opened and Mateo slowly peeped his head in. "We need to talk." He whispered.

I carefully slipped out from under Danielle, making sure not to wake her. I grabbed a shirt and put it on before leaving the room and following Mateo back to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen, Sky and Mateo were already sitting at the table waiting for me. "What's up? Did you do what I asked?"

"Yeah, but there's some... Issues." Sky said slowly.

"Issues? What issues?"

"Well, since your design was so specific, it'll take a few days to be finished." Mateo explained.

"How many days?"

"2 days for the order to go in, at least 3 days for it to be made, then at least another 2 days for it to be shipped back to us." Sky said.

"Seriously? A whole week?" I sat down and put my head in my hands in disappointment. "This messes up the whole plan."

"What exactly is the plan again?" Sky asked.

"First, the signing. Then we were going to go home, and I was going to set up a big romantic picknic kind of thing on the beach. Then when the sunset, and the mood was set, then..." I trailed off.

"Then you were going to propose..." Sky finished my sentence for me.

"Then I was going to propose." I repeated. "You know, I even went old school on this one... When we went to go pick up Tori and Ethan the other day, I stopped by Jane and Jason's house and asked them if I could marry her."

"Awh," Sky cooed simpathetically. "That's so sweet."

"Dude you can still propose to her. You should still propose to her." Mateo encouraged. "Just wait a while until the ring gets finished. And we'll help you. We can get Moi and Madison to fly here, and we'll all help you replan."

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course!" Sky said excitedly. "It'll be just like that night when we ambushed her at 21 Oceanfront to get you two back together! Oh my gosh, just leave it all to me!"

"Yeah okay, slow down there. We actually have to find out where we're going to do this, and how we are going to explain to her that we are staying here for another week." I stood from the table, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see Emily, Danielle's cousin, caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Jaden. What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing. Just sitting here with Sky and Teo. What's up?"

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hangout today?" She asked cautiously.

"Us? Like, me and you?"

"Well no, I mean Dani can come too. And Sky and Mateo. It just kinda gets boring you know?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll ask Dani when she wakes up if she wants to come."

"Oh, alright. Well, bye."

"Bye." I took the phone from my ear and ended the call. When I looked back up, Sky was glaring at me and Mateo was laughing at me. "What?"